IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > New promoter for THAT(and it aint Bob Sargent)
1/12/08, 1:17 AM   #31
Re: New promoter for THAT(and it aint Bob Sargent)
GOFOBROKE

At least we know now the track will get the attention it deserves and you know it will be marketed well. The new group does sound promising. I just had a conversation with Bob Sargent and he said his interest in promoting THAT is still alive, but after careful consideration and some commitments he cannot get around he made the decision to walk away because he feels he could not give the track and its fans the attention it so richly desereves. He felt the time restraints on him was not fair to the history of the facility. I know my opinion does not matter, but that was a verey classy move on his part.

With Kings connection to the media, Hamiltons motorsports marketing and conneections and Dorsetts well established business savvy and local popularity it will no doubt turn some heads toward the famed half mile. If they put the right person in place to work the racing surface, there are endless possibilities the thee Action Track's success!!!!!!!

Finally good things are happening for a facility that has given so many of us so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1/12/08, 2:23 AM   #32
affordableawards

I got a call from a friend at the chilli bowl and he said that the past usac president Rollie will also be connected with that group of people.That might just be something going around I dont know.

1/12/08, 7:54 PM   #33
Dirtfan

Race Count This Year: 51
Race Count Last Year: 57

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOFOBROKE View Post
At least we know now the track will get the attention it deserves and you know it will be marketed well. The new group does sound promising. I just had a conversation with Bob Sargent and he said his interest in promoting THAT is still alive, but after careful consideration and some commitments he cannot get around he made the decision to walk away because he feels he could not give the track and its fans the attention it so richly desereves. He felt the time restraints on him was not fair to the history of the facility. I know my opinion does not matter, but that was a verey classy move on his part.

With Kings connection to the media, Hamiltons motorsports marketing and conneections and Dorsetts well established business savvy and local popularity it will no doubt turn some heads toward the famed half mile. If they put the right person in place to work the racing surface, there are endless possibilities the thee Action Track's success!!!!!!!

Finally good things are happening for a facility that has given so many of us so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks for sharing, I just hope the "connections" they have will work.As we all know track prep and such will play a very very important part of the success. IMHO and just my opinion,I wish Bob Sargent was there, based on experience alone.Most of all though we should see racing return to THAT:thumb: And the first race will be?:greenflag:

"Today is a Gift, Tomorrow is not Promised"

1/12/08, 8:00 PM   #34
BrentTFunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtfan View Post
Thanks for sharing, I just hope the "connections" they have will work.As we all know track prep and such will play a very very important part of the success. IMHO and just my opinion,I wish Bob Sargent was there, based on experience alone.Most of all though we should see racing return to THAT:thumb: And the first race will be?:greenflag:
I think you will see an announcement soon as to some help they may have in that department. I am a fan of Sargent, but I still think it will be ok.

1/12/08, 8:09 PM   #35
Dirtfan

Race Count This Year: 51
Race Count Last Year: 57

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrentTFunk View Post
I think you will see an announcement soon as to some help they may have in that department. I am a fan of Sargent, but I still think it will be ok.
Hope you are right!

"Today is a Gift, Tomorrow is not Promised"

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > New promoter for THAT(and it aint Bob Sargent)