IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > NOT RACING RELATED, but NEED YOUR HELP
2/1/16, 11:57 AM   #1
NOT RACING RELATED, but NEED YOUR HELP
Kuhn74

Some of the race fans over the years know me better than others. Those of you that know me, also know that my wife owns a daycare center in Avon. Sunday morning we woke up to some terrible news. One of the families that has attended her daycare for years has a 6 yr old little boy that has been diagnosed with Leukemia. He is currently at Riley Children's Hospital in Indianapolis, everything is happening pretty quickly.

Those of us that have children all have a "group of kids" that have grown up with/around our own kids. This little boys is one of the group of (4) boys that my son has spent a lot of time with during the last 4 years. Both of our families also have little girls that have grown up together as well. This was just awful news that is completely indescribable for any child.

The father is a full time Indianapolis Firefighter and the family is just one of those that are super genuine in nature. We have set up a crowd funding site for the family. Currently, we do not know how long the fight is going to be or what kind of obstacles that they are going to face. We are just trying to support them in any way that we can.

If you are willing and able, the link for the crowd funding site is below. Even if you do not have the means to donate, please SHARE the crowd funding site on your Facebook or Twitter page. It costs absolutely nothing to do so.

No matter what, please take a little time today to pray for this family. The amount of strength they are going to need to get through this while continuing raise their other two little girls is unfathomable.

Bodie's Brave Fight

https://www.crowdrise.com/bodiesbravefight

4 members like this post: jim goerge, Pat O'Connor Fan, racegal, RadRacer
2/1/16, 4:39 PM   #2
Re: NOT RACING RELATED, but NEED YOUR HELP
Kuhn74

$$$$$$$$$ Please SHARE on Social Media $$$$$$$$$$

2 members like this post: Pat O'Connor Fan, racegal
2/2/16, 10:57 AM   #3
John P Huss

Brad- Will say a prayer.
Sorry to hear this news.
Best Regards,
John

2/2/16, 12:04 PM   #4
jim goerge

Prayers sent. Borrowing line Mrs. G always tells me Keep fighting the fight.

1 member likes this post: racegal
2/3/16, 12:12 PM   #5
Kuhn74

Thanks to everyone for the Prayers!

Good news from yesterday is that they were able to remove his breathing tube and he is breathing on his own again.

1 member likes this post: jim goerge
2/3/16, 7:38 PM   #6
midgy

I made my donation and shared on my Facebook page. I challenge all of my racing family to do the same.

1 member likes this post: PIT CART
2/5/16, 1:00 PM   #7
Kuhn74

Bodie has been moved out of the ICU and into the oncology unit. Things are better with a long road ahead.

3 members like this post: i love dirt track racing, Mrs G, team3521
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > NOT RACING RELATED, but NEED YOUR HELP