IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Kings royal
7/12/13, 11:28 AM   #31
Re: Kings royal
MacTexas

I am 1000 miles away but if I had my choice it's Kokomo all the way. I have never seen a bad race at Kokomo and I was at the Kings Royal where every car in the starting lineup blew a tire except for Jason Sides and his tire blew when he crossed the finish line. My one and only Kings Royal.

7/12/13, 11:35 AM   #32
Sawdust101

Getting ready to roll in an hour. That is roll to Gas City for Sprint Week.

1 member likes this post: speed bump
7/13/13, 12:32 PM   #33
Stevensville Mike

45 WoO cars last night for the Knight Before the KR. 37 NRA cars. Plenty of seats available. I was in Turn 1 & 2 and the grandstands there were maybe 1/4 full, if that.

They ran the water right out of the track half way during WoO quals. The guys on the back half had no chance for quick time. After all quals (WoO and NRA), they re-did the track. The 8:00 p.m. start time was now an 8:50 start time.

Pretty much one groove all night long. It started low and went up to the top and the track rubbered over. Lots of dust. I wished they had taken more time to put down more water in between heats but no dice. The best action was in the Features when the leaders caught lapped traffic and had to pick a different lane.

Hopefully it will be better tonight. Amazes me that in a state where it has rained for a week straight, the track will not hold water. Same as Limaland the night before.

7/13/13, 1:02 PM   #34
Wingman

Quote:
Originally Posted by REALDEAL View Post
Wings suck

Posted via Mobile Device
How long did it take for you to think about that comment.

Posted via Mobile Device

3 members like this post: Joe Kidd, somebodysmam
7/13/13, 1:15 PM   #35
dkdorkboy

Race Count This Year: 37
Race Count Last Year: 52

Sweet and Madsen had a good battle for the lead.Larson coming from 24th to 7th with no cautions was something to see.Liked to have seen Larson start up a little further.With a few cautions and the double file restarts I think he would have challenged for the win.

2 members like this post: Joe Kidd
7/13/13, 1:37 PM   #36
Joe Kidd
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkdorkboy View Post
Sweet and Madsen had a good battle for the lead.Larson coming from 24th to 7th with no cautions was something to see.Liked to have seen Larson start up a little further.With a few cautions and the double file restarts I think he would have challenged for the win.
Shhhh! Them old people don't know they pass.

7/13/13, 1:39 PM   #37
Joe Kidd
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacTexas View Post
I am 1000 miles away but if I had my choice it's Kokomo all the way. I have never seen a bad race at Kokomo and I was at the Kings Royal where every car in the starting lineup blew a tire except for Jason Sides and his tire blew when he crossed the finish line. My one and only Kings Royal.
I live less than 2 miles from Kokomo. But heading out the door for Eldora in about an hour.

7/13/13, 1:56 PM   #38
Stevensville Mike

Quote:
That is true - Kyle knifed his way through quite well.

And yes, Sweet & Madsen had a good battle, too, but I just would have liked to see a low groove open up.

I sure do hope Kyle shows up tonight. I have no idea how it is going to work out with the Nationwide Race at Louden this afternoon time-wise.

No matter what, I'm going to be there!

1 member likes this post: btar
7/13/13, 3:51 PM   #39
captrat

Quote:
Nothing like a double file restart to artificially ramp up the competition. Sort of like the designated hitter policy in baseball.

2 members like this post: jim goerge, spicoli
7/13/13, 4:54 PM   #40
ossuks

Every thing about the WOO is so much neater, you always feel like you are at an event...the marketing.. the hype...the haulers... the pre-race ... but when all the hype is over the traditional sprinters steal the show..

5 members like this post: dkdorkboy, jim goerge, mtek56, Ricks Pics, speed bump
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Kings royal