IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Chili Bowl ????
9/30/20, 6:49 PM   #1
Chili Bowl ????
sprint29

Has anyone heard anymore about the Chili Bowl other than they have to sort the tickets by hand and they will be sending them out? Did everyone get a confirmation e-mail from them when you renewed your tickets? Has anyone's credit card been charged for their tickets yet? It's getting time to start making plans if they are going to hold it. It would be very tough to limit capacity on that place. Who would get to go and who wouldn't. Limiting entries would be tough too. I know it's a huge cash influx for Tulsa.
Thanks

3 members like this post: cornerthree, Ken Bonnema, nathans1012
9/30/20, 11:15 PM   #2
Re: Chili Bowl ????
cornerthree

They have said three times they were ready to mail them out. And still nothing, and they haven't charged my card. I order April 13th. I would say we are screwed no Chili Bowl this year.

10/1/20, 12:56 AM   #3

Race Count This Year: 14
Race Count Last Year: 24

Their Facebook said two weeks ago they had tickets pulled and would be billing over the next two weeks. Still not charged here either. I am sure it will be easier to not have charged anyone if it is cancelled. They also probably do not have the time and capability to do what Indy did and ask everyone to take less seats and reallocate. I would hope if they go forward they offer refunds for those that do not or can not attend. I am aware of 6 out of the ten seats near me not going already.

I know we have been racing plenty this summer outdoors with little trouble but six days with 12-15 thousand of your friends elbow to elbow six hours a night indoors should make for a good test of spread.

Another thing I wonder about is if the local guidelines would even allow it to happen. I doubt there has been hardly any if any indoor events of this size anywhere so far. got to put in for vacation pretty soon so it would be nice if we could get a little more info on what is going on than pulling tickets again and again. Hoping it runs but I think it will be though to pull off.

2 members like this post: Ratso, tirespinner
10/1/20, 4:48 PM   #4
Ratso

The problem I see is they could build the racetrack and erect the grandstands then at the last minute the mayor or governor could say no dice. That is a lot of money down the drain setting the Expo Center up. BTW if the Chili Bowl is held I will go the first 4 night and give my Friday and Saturday tickets away.

1 member likes this post: cornerthree
10/1/20, 7:17 PM   #5
chasinracin2

I know I haven’t been charged yet. I think they’re waiting as long as they can before going through with plans for 2021. I will not be going this year, not going to put my health or my love ones health at risk. If they do have the Chili Bowl I will have 2 seats available for face value all nights. 812-344-0852

1 member likes this post: Jwimmenauer15
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Chili Bowl ????