IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > I need some prayers
6/11/16, 12:56 PM   #31
Re: I need some prayers
Jerry Shaw

You'll fly right through this, Jim. I really believe prayers and positive thoughts do make a difference. And not only are you going to one of the best places in this part of the country to have this done, you'll also be going in there with more people thinking of you that 95 percent of people in the same situation.

Jerry

Winston Churchill

6/11/16, 1:21 PM   #32
ronmil

Race Count Last Year: 48

Jim, I know you have a great fighting spirit, and with all the prayers you are receiving from people on this board, I am 100% sure you will soon be back as my trusty copilot, heading out on the road in pursuit of good food, good racing and reliving old racing memories.

6/11/16, 2:17 PM   #33
Stevensville Mike

Years from now you'll look back at Tuesday, June 14, 2016, and remember how the folks at the IU Health Center really came through in the clutch for you, Jim. No one likes going into the hospital to be worked on, so your concerns are right in the wheelhouse with the average joe.

We'll be thinking of you up the Michigan way here as we all go down the path of life. It's a big path. There is a lot of room left for you on it.

As the Aussies say, "Eyes forward, mate".

5 members like this post: Dirtfan, DirtHawk92, jim goerge, pushinthecushin, racegal
6/11/16, 6:28 PM   #34
Flatrightrear

Jim,
I'm in room 28 in 3-East in the Simon Cancer Bldg. I do chemo till 1 pm so it's best to visit around 3-7 pm if possible. I have a chemo session in the late evening as well. God speed, fellow Hoosier!

5 members like this post: BrentTFunk, Dirtfan, DirtHawk92, jim goerge, racegal
6/12/16, 12:09 AM   #35
Gregg

I met you for the first time last October at the 'burg. It was hard to find a more upbeat person in the house.

Stay strong my friend. You can be sure your fellow race fans in the South East Indiana area are sending prayers your way.

6/12/16, 12:41 AM   #36
flagboy55

Jim, I haven't had the pleasure of meeting you but I wish you the best. Quickly, I just want to relay a small story. 2 of my best friends have been battling it for years now and I've seen them at points where they were so beat down I am amazed they kept fighting but they did and still do. Well my point is don't give up cause one of them is still buckling up in his modified and the other retired and bought a motor home, and while it's still hard at times, winning the battles along the way have been worth it. God bless you and get well!

5 members like this post: Dirtfan, DirtHawk92, jim goerge, racegal, wildman92
6/12/16, 1:01 AM   #37
SprintManDave

Jim,I will be sending prayers for you Daily!I met you last Summer at Lincoln Park when I was with Danny B. and John H.,and new instantly that I liked you as a fine person,so hang in there and I hope to see you at a track soon!

5 members like this post: Dirtfan, DirtHawk92, jim goerge, racegal, wildman92
6/12/16, 1:02 AM   #38
Blackduce

Jim, you are going to the right place. The IU medical center for cancer is as good as it gets. The people are really caring and on you side all the way. A positive attitude is so easy to come by there. You only need to ask God for his blessings and keep the faith. So easy. How do I know? I was there for the cancer surgery 2 months ago. It was done by a robot. I am good and very thankful. And I went home that nite. Keep the faith with God and it is a great place. Be very thankful.
And our Church will be praying for you this morning.
Lynn
Last edited by Blackduce; 6/12/16 at 2:30 AM. Reason: added

4 members like this post: Dirtfan, DirtHawk92, jim goerge, wildman92
6/12/16, 1:48 AM   #39
jim goerge

Just got home from Haubstadt, still fired up about the racing lol. What a great night of racing and for me That's the best medicine there is, I"d love to been over in IL watching PowrI but knew I was only fooling myself thinking I could have handled 5 nights, Honestly I am worn out just traveling 10 minutes from home. Racing and being with friends TRUST ME it don"t get anybetter than that . Again I want to see thank you all for all the prayer and the love I can"t even tell you how much you people on this wonderful site have brightened my day Once more One last thing if this disease thinks its going to beat me it better pack a big lunch box cuz with all of you backing me it don"t have a chance THANK YOU EVERYONE

6/12/16, 2:29 AM   #40
smith19

atta boy jim!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 members like this post: DirtHawk92, jim goerge, racegal
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > I need some prayers