IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Tony Stewart into stand @ Chili Bowl to confront heckler....
1/16/16, 6:38 PM   #31
Re: Tony Stewart into stand @ Chili Bowl to confront heckler
Flatrightrear

Why did security people not intervene before the two ever got together? They didn't do their job unless everybody wanted to see a little indoor fireworks show. What a bunch of high school BS.

1/17/16, 9:50 AM   #32
Midget 89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rpracing1 View Post
What a black eye for the Tulsa police department and law enforcement across the country. Deserving disciplinary action should follow their internal investigation.
Let's get the police Departments correct. The heckler was not a member of the Tulsa Police Department. He was a county deputy.

1 member likes this post: jim goerge
1/17/16, 11:08 AM   #33
trannyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
Yeah, With fame comes some of that crap. It also don't excuse the fans actions. Grow up? Grown ups face their problems. Tony faced his problem. The end.
you're right,no excuse for what the fan did.however,that's why there is security at these and other sporting events.point the person out and have them removed.we don't see stadium owners,or coaches going into the stands to confront the unruly.they send security to do their jobs.security failed the fan and tony.what IF the fan had a weapon or it turned into a free for all.tony wouldve been in danger,also.

1 member likes this post: Charles Nungester
1/17/16, 12:09 PM   #34
PIT CART

Tony should have beet the guy a$$ in my opinion. If it would have been a black guy on the tractor and someone called him a racist name the head lines in the paper would be a lot different. I Am glad I grew up in a time where if you had a problem with some one you could just take care of it right on the spot.

1/17/16, 6:38 PM   #35
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by PIT CART View Post
Tony should have beet the guy a$$ in my opinion. If it would have been a black guy on the tractor and someone called him a racist name the head lines in the paper would be a lot different. I Am glad I grew up in a time where if you had a problem with some one you could just take care of it right on the spot.
Amen, If you had a bully problem, You either whooped or got whooped but usually a mutual understanding was met. Sometimes a simple. Im not taking it anymore would suffice.

2016 call the cops for everything...........

1 member likes this post: jim goerge
1/17/16, 7:26 PM   #36
xoxide

I'd be willing to bet, if I were a betting man that if it was just the average joe racer who got into a confrontation with the off duty officer (or anyone for that matter) it would not have been blown out of proportion nor getting "investigated"..... Tony has a whole lotta money, and people see any opportunity they can get to sue someone (whether they're right or wrOng) to try and profit off of someone.

I wish I had grown up in the era being spoken about above.... Simpler times, and a simple solution to a simple problem.

1/17/16, 8:08 PM   #37
B99

Just to preface this, I enjoy a cold frosty one as much as anyone, however......

I see this type of guy all too often at the track, whether it's the weekend race track, a NASCAR or Indy Car event. They are an embarrassment to the sport and to themselves.

People who get so drunk that they can't stand up, fall all over people, get so obnoxious that people either are afraid of them or want to belt them in the mouth. And for some reason, they believe they have a right to act this way and drink this way simply because they bought a ticket to a sporting event. I know many track ops need to sell beer to keep in business yet sometimes I wonder if the trouble it causes is really worth it. Do you suppose it keeps other fans away who don't want to deal with people like this guy in Tulsa?

Yes, a police officer on duty or off duty is held to a higher standard. It's part of the responsibility they take when they decide to wear the badge. Had people complained about the guys behavior I imagine security (at many tracks) might have come and told the guy to calm down or take a hike. As they should.

And do the critics and keyboard jockeys realize that this upstanding off duty cop was yelling and mouthing not at a driver, but a member of the track crew? A guy prepping the track? Seriously? If someone behaved this way everytime that Tommy Helfrich or Reese O'Connor walked past the stands to the track, wouldn't you think the guy had a serious problem? Would you want to sit next to him, or have your kids sit next to him? Want to drive the same highway as him on the way home?

What difference does it make that it was Tony Stewart?

1/17/16, 8:33 PM   #38
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

While sometimes the fan gets smashed in the event. Doing so at 7 bucks a beer isn't practical to them. Most of them arrive that way. have a flask or something.

1/17/16, 9:08 PM   #39
xoxide

Last edited by xoxide; 1/17/16 at 9:22 PM.

1/17/16, 9:26 PM   #40
BLASTER1

I am sure most of you know the BEER in Oklahoma is only 3/2... not even real beer....SMH

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Tony Stewart into stand @ Chili Bowl to confront heckler....