IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > USAC & WoO to Sanction Gold Cup
12/11/15, 4:59 PM   #11
Andrew S. Quinn

I probably better rephrase my comment. I don't care to pay those prices with the WoO on the same card. I have no interest in watching the WoO.

I like Husets and wouldn't mind watching non wings and or midgets there

3 members like this post: jim goerge, luckybuc97, racefan20
12/11/15, 7:10 PM   #12
Re: USAC & WoO to Sanction Gold Cup
Flatrightrear

It's just great how people complain on here about the cost of going to a race. Everybody wants the drivers to have better paying races but "don't anybody put a hand on my wallet." Just don't go, simple as that. Do you really think a $100,000 total to win both classes will cost $30.00 to get in? This is a huge special event in the middle of nowhere and I applaud the promoter, like him or not, to take a chance and shake things up. That's the spirit this country was built on. The cost to drive to get there is a lot cheaper now than it was a couple years ago but that may change. If I go I'll fly. Can't spend the money when I'm dead.

6 members like this post: 2fast4u, addictedtodirt, BrentTFunk, Jbaldwin, JCC, Joey Woods
12/11/15, 7:23 PM   #13
Chris Nunn

Race Count This Year: 20

Earl Baltes paid a million to win for late models and tickets were 89 dollars.

How much did the mopar million charge for tickets?

I know there's a BIG difference. But I was just trying to compare prices between this event and those two

12/11/15, 8:29 PM   #14
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

[QUOTE=Chris Nunn;433698]Earl Baltes paid a million to win for late models and tickets were 89 dollars.

How much did the mopar million charge for tickets?

I know there's a BIG difference. But I was just trying to compare prices between this event and those two[/QUM

Mopar Million was a 80 dollar gate and 100pit show. and I know the admissions wouldn't have covered it. There might have been 15000 there for saturday. The LM's were near a sell out like the Kings Royals are. Near 30k fans

From what I understand about half the 996k purse was out of his own pocket.

12/11/15, 10:55 PM   #15
Flatrightrear

I may be wrong but I don't remember the Mopar pulling in anything close to 15,000, especially if the Kings Royal is around 20,000. I remember wondering where the really big crowd was, though. It was good but thought it would be better. Eldora will never release the attendance figures, that's for sure.

12/12/15, 10:35 AM   #16
BrentTFunk

If you want to go, go. If you don't want to go don't go. The people who have already commented about the price, I will reimburse you cost of your ticket if you commit today. If you end up not going anyway, you pay my way into the non wing show of my choice. Any takers? Areo you were right again.

3 members like this post: Charles Nungester, Jbaldwin, opnwhlmnd
12/12/15, 12:10 PM   #17
Daboy

I will be there one way or the other. A non wing race 5 miles from my house, no way would I miss it!

1 member likes this post: BrentTFunk
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > USAC & WoO to Sanction Gold Cup