IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Best Sprint car races on Indy 500 weekend
5/17/16, 3:30 PM   #11
LB

Be the spotter , your worn out too

2 members like this post: Charles Nungester, interpreter66
5/17/16, 4:09 PM   #12
Re: Best Sprint car races on Indy 500 weekend
watchemgofast

Read many stories about the Little 500,sounds like a must-see event for sprint car fans. The Haubstadt deal sounds like a possibility too,heard good things about that track. Sprint car racing has become watered down in the mid-south,I've been to 2 Knoxville Nationals but always heard Indiana is where the true sprint car racing is,can't wait to check some of it out. Thanks for all the help & info!

5/17/16, 5:04 PM   #13
Stephen Cording

Quote:
Originally Posted by watchemgofast View Post
Read many stories about the Little 500,sounds like a must-see event for sprint car fans. The Haubstadt deal sounds like a possibility too,heard good things about that track. Sprint car racing has become watered down in the mid-south,I've been to 2 Knoxville Nationals but always heard Indiana is where the true sprint car racing is,can't wait to check some of it out. Thanks for all the help & info!
I'm flying out from England and my plans are Friday - Bloomington, Saturday - Little 500, Sunday - Indy 500 then Kokomo (for the real racing). But if Haubstadt was on my route home I'd be hitting that.

I'm unsure about the Monday...............Do i really want to watch a $30 dusty 'ever so fast, faster than a non-wing sprinter, like that means something' parade lap or eat a kick-ass juicy $30 steak meal? Sorry but I find Wing Racing very, very boring and over priced. But a steak cooked rare is very, very sexy and very, very satisfying leaving me wanting more.

You get my drift.

5/17/16, 8:40 PM   #14
Stevensville Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1121 View Post
As a driver, the start of the Little 500 is the most rectum clenching moment in all of sprint car racing.
Now THAT is FUNNY!

1 member likes this post: jim goerge
5/17/16, 11:06 PM   #15
ModernDayDrifter

Race Count This Year: 47
Race Count Last Year: 37

Leaving Memphis, TN on Wednesday Morning for Sprint Cars at Terre Haute. Turn 1 infield is one of the most jaw dropping views in motorsports. Thursday we will do some activities at the Speedway and then Silver Crown at the Mile. Friday we plan to do the whole deal at the Speedway practice, Indy Lights, Pit Stop Challenge, and Journey Concert. Leaving there early if needed (okay with missing concert) to catch Sprint cars at Bloomington. Saturday we currently have planned to go to Legends Day at the Speedway concerts and then Putnamville for MSCS. Sunday the Bryan Clauson packge Indy 500 and Kokomo. Leaving for Memphis Monday morning and stopping by USCS Sprint Car show in Atwood, Tennessee. We have a few back up plans for in case weather dont cooperate. Looking forward to my first Indy 500 and my first Silver Crown mile race.

5/18/16, 1:20 AM   #16
fasster23

Silver Crown Carb Night Classic The Race Before the 500 Friday night at LORP (IRP)
Last edited by fasster23; 5/18/16 at 1:22 AM.

1 member likes this post: watchemgofast
5/18/16, 1:36 AM   #17
treecitytornado

Everyone looks like they forgot the World of Outlaws at Lawrenceburg on Monday, Memorial Day.

2 members like this post: Stevensville Mike, watchemgofast
5/18/16, 7:19 AM   #18
PAW

Quote:
Originally Posted by treecitytornado View Post
Everyone looks like they forgot the World of Outlaws at Lawrenceburg on Monday, Memorial Day.
Day off to get ready for midget week.

3 members like this post: billw, sprinter14, watchemgofast
5/18/16, 7:39 AM   #19
Unlucky#9

Quote:
Originally Posted by ModernDayDrifter View Post
Leaving Memphis, TN on Wednesday Morning for Sprint Cars at Terre Haute. Turn 1 infield is one of the most jaw dropping views in motorsports. Thursday we will do some activities at the Speedway and then Silver Crown at the Mile. Friday we plan to do the whole deal at the Speedway practice, Indy Lights, Pit Stop Challenge, and Journey Concert. Leaving there early if needed (okay with missing concert) to catch Sprint cars at Bloomington. Saturday we currently have planned to go to Legends Day at the Speedway concerts and then Putnamville for MSCS. Sunday the Bryan Clauson packge Indy 500 and Kokomo. Leaving for Memphis Monday morning and stopping by USCS Sprint Car show in Atwood, Tennessee. We have a few back up plans for in case weather dont cooperate. Looking forward to my first Indy 500 and my first Silver Crown mile race.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fasster23 View Post
Silver Crown Carb Night Classic The Race Before the 500 Friday night at LORP (IRP)

Until these 2 posted, I was going to say has everyone forgotten that the hoosier 100 is going to be running at the state fair grounds on Thursday???? While I understand that it's not technically "sprint car" racing, it should still be a pretty decent show. I know that I'll be there with the family.

4 members like this post: Charles Nungester, interpreter66, ISF, watchemgofast
5/18/16, 1:27 PM   #20
watchemgofast

Hey,I'm down with Silver Crown cars,never seen them on dirt but seen a couple pavement races at Memphis 3/4 mile track. Thanks for info on their races especially the IRP one,thinking that might be a good backup plan for Bloomington(weather).

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Best Sprint car races on Indy 500 weekend