IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > IMCA Racesaver Winged Sprints
6/19/15, 3:52 AM   #11
Re: IMCA Racesaver Winged Sprints
jyoung8j

Yea id jump for joy at those numbers over here for that purse!! The guys over here r paying 300-400 to win 50 to start... Good job Burg!!

1 member likes this post: jim goerge
6/19/15, 7:03 AM   #12
Rpracing1

Just post it .....What's the big deal?

2 members like this post: Josh Kinser, Wallsracing
6/19/15, 4:27 PM   #13
tim kelley

First let me say that $1000 to win is Awesome for a class still in the beginning stages in our area. As a low dollar racer I look at the start money. $150 is good money, an as long as I have enough money to get gas an a burger on the way get home it's been a great nite. Anything above start money is icing on the cake. Dave thanks for the opportunity to race at the Burg ! Let's All Have Fun at The Races !

4 members like this post: Charles Nungester, jim goerge, kart31rac, red70racer
6/19/15, 4:29 PM   #14
KingRandomUser

Really Dave is offering more to win than what the typical RaceSaver event pays. IMCA still uses all the official RaceSaver rules so it's no different than what Bloomington runs in terms of car and engine.

While there aren't many RaceSaver cars running around Indiana yet (Around 13-14 currently), give it time. This is their first year running anywhere in the state after all. People and Teams are feeling them out and seeing how things go. This is typical with any new class to a region. Once people start seeing the average cost and cost to run of these cars, you may see more of them popping up in the next year or two. Also it wouldn't hurt if a Saturday evening track takes em on next year too, be it Lawrenceburg or Lincoln Park or even Paragon (Just only one of them though for now), which would help warrant having one and being able to run twice a week at least. Heck if Kokomo even considers it for Sunday evening, or Haubstadt runs them on a Saturday/Sunday when no one else is then there you go. Then they can be like their 410-brethren

This being a Saturday event and announced well enough in advance Dave may even be lucky enough to draw in some extra cars from IL, OH, or any other random place imaginable too. Still, even with a modest car count, it's a sprint car. How can you not want to watch more of them running? Wings or not. It's been fun so far watching these guys and gals progressing and getting better each week. And really, aside from one wall-smash opening night by an out-of-towner, they've kept equipment intact too. So that says a lot when 1/2 the field is inexperienced or never even been in a sprint car.

I am curious as to how they'd perform on a bigger track, and how well equipment will hold up as well. Since no doubt they'll easily be able to keep it wide-open the entire time. So only time will tell as to how close or not everyone will really be. I still think these cars will be better on smaller tracks, but who knows. With similar motors it'll more or less be up to the driver and handling to get an edge.
Maybe Dave could schedule in some testing time for these guys to get gearing and some semblance of handling around the bigger and faster 3/8ths high banks before their big debut in full competition. Naturally that's his call of course.

Still, I wish Dave luck and hope things go well and it turns out to be an exciting event.
Hopefully too more people will come to embrace the RaceSavers a bit more. After all, I'd rather enjoy another diverse Sprint Car class than another fender class similar to 2 others already running.
And hey, for those who were at Bloomington during Midget Week... how in the world could you not of liked 3-Completely Different Sprint Classes?

6/19/15, 10:14 PM   #15
CMR92

I guess I don't get it. This is a first year class and the drivers in this class are what I would call way too selective. They were given the chance on a pretty big stage to run at Route 45 Raceway and they refused. This class, straight from French Grimes himself, is meant to pay $300-$400 to win. For some reason though, these Racesaver drivers are acting like it is an honor for tracks to get to host them. If you are looking to make money...you are in the wrong class...and more importantly....the wrong sport! Be grateful for tracks that are willing to take the chance...because at this point as a promoter...it is a HUGE chance!

3 members like this post: bowbuild, BrentTFunk, jim goerge
6/19/15, 10:20 PM   #16
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

didn't work, nevermind
Last edited by Charles Nungester; 6/19/15 at 10:22 PM.

6/19/15, 11:18 PM   #17
treecitytornado

Is Bloomington Speedway guys doing the tech on motors?

6/19/15, 11:46 PM   #18
KingRandomUser

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMR92 View Post
I guess I don't get it. This is a first year class and the drivers in this class are what I would call way too selective. They were given the chance on a pretty big stage to run at Route 45 Raceway and they refused. This class, straight from French Grimes himself, is meant to pay $300-$400 to win. For some reason though, these Racesaver drivers are acting like it is an honor for tracks to get to host them. If you are looking to make money...you are in the wrong class...and more importantly....the wrong sport! Be grateful for tracks that are willing to take the chance...because at this point as a promoter...it is a HUGE chance!
I do wonder why most didn't make the trip, but until someone asks the drivers and teams directly (or they comment here) we'll never know.
Hopefully Route 45 will get most everyone around for their September 5th event as well. (And the later 2-day October show for that matter)

Just a thought, It could be the sheer inexperience and thus hesitancy to travel elsewhere and learn a new track while still trying to get a handle on their "home" track. As well as the obvious risks in equipment this early in the season while running for a track-championship. Don't know, but seems a logical possibility.
Given how Bloomington's season finishes up Aug 21, a week before the Lawerenceburg event, and getting more seat time as well it's quite possible more will be willing to venture out to one or both speedways for these two events and any others planned/added as the seasons start to conclude.

1 member likes this post: jim goerge
6/20/15, 10:35 AM   #19
kart31rac

Wish this was open since in Illinois, most of us run 34, Jacksonville, or Lincoln rules. That money is great, we would make the tow if we made enough to cover our fuel money. I wish everyone would get on the same page with the rules for 305's. Then you could go anywhere and race. Just wish more tracks would come on board its a great class, and remember nothing is cheap in racing, but as long as your having fun its worth it.

6/20/15, 12:52 PM   #20
Bill May

Kart31, have you discussed adapting the Racesaver rules with the Il.tracks? OPEN rules are difficult to control,just one of the reasons they don't mesh with the Racesaver class, more Racesaver cars are being built in southern Ohio & Indiana, I suspect you will see full fields (20) of cars next season, if you wish to compete with them in the future for their purses, make your car comply with their rules, you will still be legal in Il.

JT, the motors are sealed, heads, intake/injection & timing cover, if the seals are intact and comply with the numbers on the inspection form the motor is legal, all this info. must be provided in advance of competing, we haven't had our car out yet (plan to be at Bloomington next week) but, I think the end of race tech. consists of weighing and checking tires, unless there's a protest.

Bill May

1 member likes this post: fish
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > IMCA Racesaver Winged Sprints