IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Midget Classifieds > New Midget Rear from Bulldog
11/14/11, 4:14 PM   #1
New Midget Rear from Bulldog
DMI / Bulldog Rears

DMI / Bulldog Rears would like to announce that the new Baby Bulldog Rear for Midget Racing will be available to ship by mid December. Just in time for the Chili Bowl, the Baby Bulldog was track tested during the 2011 racing season. The rear features many of the ideas and designs of our popular sprint car rears including o-ringed rear cover, extra strength snout and SimpleShift shifter assembly. Additionally, we’ve taken midget axles to a new level offering increased strength over the competition. Call (717) 397-5347 today to find out more about the BB-1.

11/14/11, 4:30 PM   #2
zeromotorsports

31 and 36 spline?
Posted via Mobile Device

11/15/11, 12:32 PM   #3
Re: New Midget Rear from Bulldog
DMI / Bulldog Rears

It will be available in 31, 36 and sprint car 42 spline. Thanks for the interest in the product.

11/16/11, 3:30 AM   #4
jdull99

Very nice a group is finally addressing the axle problem!!!

Jason Dull
815 494 6002
jdull99@hotmail.com
jasondull.com (For all the Racing News)

11/16/11, 2:50 PM   #5
zeromotorsports

What's wrong with the axles? you hit stuff they bend
Posted via Mobile Device

11/17/11, 9:44 PM   #6
stoney

and you buy junk ; and it breaks

11/18/11, 11:33 PM   #7
jdull99

Hate to hi-jack this thread, but; idk, skim a few race reports...how many times is the SC@M world going to accept it's "ok" for rear-axles to break??? They used to race with cloth helmets, no cages, etc. before common sense prevailed. Why is it acceptable for such a major part to "fail" at random? "Bending" is one thing Johnny...breaking b4 entering a corner at full throttle is a whole different story. I agree "Stoney"! Like to see how this (and midget racing where I am concerned) works out; maybe I wouldn't have to buy a "junk" rear-end! ...of coarse, I'd be happy to install any good product provided if anyone was so interested...

Jason Dull
815 494 6002
jdull99@hotmail.com

11/19/11, 2:19 PM   #8
LEADERS EDGE

Rear axles break. It happens. Maybe they are just old or they were bent and straightend. Sometimes the product needs to be changed because the application changes.

Over the course of time since Winters introduced their midget rear, the cars have gotten much faster and things like shocks have changed quite abit. Even the way we tighten wheels have changed. With the "L" wrench; many people over tighten and stretch the axles causing premature failure.

Also, there is a life use limit to any mechanical product and many of the rears used have been in service for so long that they out lived their life expectentcy.

With all of those things taken into account....I'm not surprised to see axle failures. We rebuild many sprint and midget rears and I have seen failures from every brand made.

I know that all of the companies offer the suggested length of use for the different styles of axles produced.

I do know that Winters did introduce a new axle last year with a thicker wall to help stop fatigue failure with their 31 Spline Axle and they have offered the 36 spline for years. The larger o.d. of the 36 spline helps maintain it's integrity.

All of that said; I'm sure DMI will have a great rear and both rears will offer equal satisfaction to their users.

11/19/11, 2:25 PM   #9
zeromotorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEADERS EDGE View Post
Rear axles break. It happens. Maybe they are just old or they were bent and straightend. Sometimes the product needs to be changed because the application changes.

Over the course of time since Winters introduced their midget rear, the cars have gotten much faster and things like shocks have changed quite abit. Even the way we tighten wheels have changed. With the "L" wrench; many people over tighten and stretch the axles causing premature failure.

Also, there is a life use limit to any mechanical product and many of the rears used have been in service for so long that they out lived their life expectentcy.

With all of those things taken into account....I'm not surprised to see axle failures. We rebuild many sprint and midget rears and I have seen failures from every brand made.

I know that all of the companies offer the suggested length of use for the different styles of axles produced.

I do know that Winters did introduce a new axle last year with a thicker wall to help stop fatigue failure with their 31 Spline Axle and they have offered the 36 spline for years. The larger o.d. of the 36 spline helps maintain it's integrity.

All of that said; I'm sure DMI will have a great rear and both rears will offer equal satisfaction to their users.

what he said

11/20/11, 3:40 AM   #10
jdull99

Correct. I should not have said "finally" (...or stayed out of it). I did forget about the thicker Winters from 12 months or so ago. Either way; good deal!!! Hopefully can see this new BullDog sometime this winter...

Jason Dull
815 494 6002
jdull99@hotmail.com

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Midget Classifieds > New Midget Rear from Bulldog