IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Info maybe on Lester Duncan
11/13/18, 1:09 PM   #1
Info maybe on Lester Duncan
TQ29m

Anyone out there remember the name, a friend sent me a photo from Dayton Speedway, musta been from the early 1930's, of a Lester Duncan racing there, in a "big car", then later in the short info, it went on to say he was killed at Columbus, In, in 1939, I was just curious at what track, I would have been 2 at the time, and I doubt anything was stored at that time in the huge cavity between my ears, I was able to find some more articles from that time period, on my smart phone, and read them, but couldn't save them, then today, can't find anything on my PC! Thanks

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
11/15/18, 1:22 PM   #2
Re: Info maybe on Lester Duncan
TQ29m

Quote:
Originally Posted by TQ29m View Post
Anyone out there remember the name, a friend sent me a photo from Dayton Speedway, musta been from the early 1930's, of a Lester Duncan racing there, in a "big car", then later in the short info, it went on to say he was killed at Columbus, In, in 1939, I was just curious at what track, I would have been 2 at the time, and I doubt anything was stored at that time in the huge cavity between my ears, I was able to find some more articles from that time period, on my smart phone, and read them, but couldn't save them, then today, can't find anything on my PC! Thanks
Bingo, finally some results, found the article on other than Google, Lester was 37 when he was killed in a big car race, at the Bartholomew County fairgrounds in Columbus, In. Born and raised in Morristown, Indiana, that is where he was buried. I think I may hove gone to school with is son, Tom Duncan, who also died at an early age, in a boating accident. Mystery solved!

11/15/18, 8:28 PM   #3
Re: Info maybe on Lester Duncan
itsanonwingthing

Race Count This Year: 4
Race Count Last Year: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by TQ29m View Post
Bingo, finally some results, found the article on other than Google, Lester was 37 when he was killed in a big car race, at the Bartholomew County fairgrounds in Columbus, In. Born and raised in Morristown, Indiana, that is where he was buried. I think I may hove gone to school with is son, Tom Duncan, who also died at an early age, in a boating accident. Mystery solved!
a little more info.
http://www.motorsportmemorial.org/fo...p?db=ct&n=8070

4 members like this post: dirtball, mc/rider, tirespinner, TQ29m
11/15/18, 9:31 PM   #4
TQ29m

Thank you for the follow up, I had never heard of this wreck until about a week ago, we later followed the MRA, CRA. Bob

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Info maybe on Lester Duncan