IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Closed Thread  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Usac: Lawrenceburg's "fall nationals" postponed to october 1
10/3/15, 1:52 PM   #11
Re: Usac: Lawrenceburg's "fall nationals" postponed to octob
rdzsprint

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim goerge View Post
Dam dude want some cheese with your whine. Your pick for tomorrow would be very tough for anyone who is from out of town I for one have a eight hour drive round trip to get to the burg which be pretty tough to do if had to be at work Monday. The 17th seems best way to go as some big races already happening next week end but just about everybody else is shut down after that so the Burg should pick up a bunch more cars.

' Dude ' , I know all about freezing your tail off at the races and going without sleep / working. Back in the 70's I saw the red flag thrown at Eldora so the push trucks could run the track back in due to snow accumulation on the track.

On the sleep deal,.. after working an 8 hr. shift in a factory I drove straight thru to Florida. Slept in the East Bay Speedway parking lot in the back of my car for 3 hours so I would be there at race time. Did a lot of Sunday Haubstadt deals back in the day as well. 6 hour round trip made Mondays a little rough at work but sucked it up and went on. I think I know a little about racing / working with little to no sleep.

I guess that's my ' whine ' .. but I do like cheese !!!

10/3/15, 8:24 PM   #12
Re: Usac: Lawrenceburg's "fall nationals" postponed to octob
jim goerge

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdzsprint View Post
' Dude ' , I know all about freezing your tail off at the races and going without sleep / working. Back in the 70's I saw the red flag thrown at Eldora so the push trucks could run the track back in due to snow accumulation on the track.

On the sleep deal,.. after working an 8 hr. shift in a factory I drove straight thru to Florida. Slept in the East Bay Speedway parking lot in the back of my car for 3 hours so I would be there at race time. Did a lot of Sunday Haubstadt deals back in the day as well. 6 hour round trip made Mondays a little rough at work but sucked it up and went on. I think I know a little about racing / working with little to no sleep.

I guess that's my ' whine ' .. but I do like cheese !!!
I understand what you're saying cuz I have been there too. My point is more why do that when they may get more fans and more cars and people can enjoy their selfs in place of having to bust ass to get home for work.

1 member likes this post: BrentTFunk
10/3/15, 8:26 PM   #13
Eatin Dirt

With the Woo being on the 16th I hope Dave and crew can get the track worked and some moisture in it for the usac guys on the 17th. Just glad it got rescheduled.

Closed Thread Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Usac: Lawrenceburg's "fall nationals" postponed to october 1