IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Showtime sprints set to debut tonight
1/23/21, 12:31 PM   #1
Showtime sprints set to debut tonight
Pavement Dave

https://www.facebook.com/PavementPou...2472596788772/

2 members like this post: addictedtodirt, Ken Bonnema
1/24/21, 1:55 PM   #2
Therealether

A total of 7 cars took to the track, including 11 year old Colton Bettis, which raises a whole new set of questions for me about what Yoho's guidelines are.
But the greater concern to me was the lack of cars, running the same rules and payout of the BG Southern Sprint Car Series, which drew I think 10 last weekend. Throw 417 into the mix with their 602 crate nonwing sprints and I'd say pavement sprint car racing in FL is on life support

1/25/21, 3:22 PM   #3
interpreter66

TBARA always had good car counts when they where the pavement series ,but people always think they can reinvent the wheel,well you can’t and look what you got now a dying series ,what a shame.☹️

1/26/21, 12:55 AM   #4
Therealether

To be fair, TBARA self destructed. Self inflicted suicide. The last 2 shows I saw had about 13-14 cars, same as the BG Southern series got all last year

1 member likes this post: luckybuc97
1/26/21, 7:57 PM   #5
interpreter66

Very true once they got rid of Don Rheem it was down hill from there.

1 member likes this post: Therealether
1/27/21, 9:00 AM   #6
Therealether

Just to make this even more fun, Yoho announced last night they're gonna run non wing sprints this weekend, with 3 days notice. Not a lot of time for guys to swap the entire car around. I'm guessing maybe 3 show up. I've given him credit before for his promotion, like the Dave Steele 125, but now it seems like he's asleep at the wheel.

1/27/21, 2:26 PM   #7
Re: Showtime sprints set to debut tonight
jonboat15

Sorry to be ignorant but who is Yoho? I used to go to the Bradenton area to visit my wife's family several years ago. Her family is weird so I always had to visit Desota speedway, was fortunate enough to spend some time with Dave Steele during those visits. I heard the speedway had changed hands and maybe not for the better? There is only three things I liked about that area in FL., the fishing, getting to know one of my hero drivers a bit, and going to the dog tracks. Don't know if I'll ever visit the state again?

1/27/21, 2:28 PM   #8
Therealether

Robert Yoho, promoter/driver at Showtime Speedway. Desoto is dead, they don't race there anymore. Cleetus Mcfarland bought it to play with

1/27/21, 5:33 PM   #9
interpreter66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Therealether View Post
Just to make this even more fun, Yoho announced last night they're gonna run non wing sprints this weekend, with 3 days notice. Not a lot of time for guys to swap the entire car around. I'm guessing maybe 3 show up. I've given him credit before for his promotion, like the Dave Steele 125, but now it seems like he's asleep at the wheel.
Not surprised🤣

1 member likes this post: Therealether
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Showtime sprints set to debut tonight