IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Closed Thread
openwheelKT (Offline)
  #61 10/5/08 12:20 PM
My .02...not a *****. With there being no need for a B-main, they should have moved the Hut 100 ahead of the mods. So we went from a mod B-main to waiting for the mod A-main while the midgets had plenty of time to be ready to run in between. Yes, this was a mod AND midget show. I don't have a problem with that. However, this was orginally the Hut 100 date so the mod rainout should have taken a back seat on this date. Sorry, that's how I see it. If both had been on the schedule originally and they followed the schedule, I would have been fine with it. I felt the Hut 100 should have taken top priority because this was the orginally scheduled date while the mods were added because of rainout. Like I said, not a *****, just didn't agree with the decision.

All that said... Cottle's run from the back to the front was one of the finest runs I've seen. I can see why the team busted their ass to get the car fixed when he got in a tangle in 2. Congrats to Whitt, kid is on is game right now. Enjoy him while you can on dirt because he won't be around much longer.
SUPERDUKE (Offline)
  #62 10/5/08 12:20 PM
Originally Posted by bigmojo5:
Am I reading this right, the much-advertised celebrity race did not happen and has been rescheduled for 2009?
And, the scoring shows no times for four drivers in the USAC 100-lapper. Did they not start?
Jim Morrison
I CAN'T WAIT TILL NEXT YEAR!:thumbsdown:
Chris Nunn (Online)
  #63 10/5/08 12:22 PM
It was not our fault that the drivers had prior engagements. Instead of just having four drivers show up, Davey postponed it until next year, and will have 20 drivers for the event
Charles Nungester (Online)
  #64 10/5/08 12:37 PM
Thought better of it and took it private

Charles Nungester
Chris Nunn (Online)
  #65 10/5/08 12:42 PM
Go ahead, post it, cant be any worse than what people are going to say.
Chris Nunn (Online)
  #66 10/5/08 12:48 PM
I guess I owe an apology to JJ Yeley....Sorry Juice
agar (Offline)
  #67 10/5/08 12:48 PM
Originally Posted by Chris Nunn:
It was not our fault that the drivers had prior engagements. Instead of just having four drivers show up, Davey postponed it until next year, and will have 20 drivers for the event
is that 20 drivers for the IRL MOD Event or 20 for The Hut Hundred:confused:
Chris Nunn (Online)
  #68 10/5/08 12:49 PM
I think Davey is going to do the Mod thing again, details havent been completely ironed out, but thats the route he seems to be going
Charles Nungester (Online)
  #69 10/5/08 12:57 PM
Originally Posted by Chris Nunn:
I guess I owe an apology to JJ Yeley....Sorry Juice
All I said to you in private was that it wasn't his fault that the ride he had to pre register pulled out and that Lost respect was a little harsh. Nobody can fault anyone for being a little dissapointed that he didn't or wasn't coming.

Something that qualifies as a loss of respect to me is a driver showing up, Saying unless you give me three grand up front, Im not running. (Scott Bloomquist)

Chuck, who'd of done the same thing that promotor did and say "Well load it up cause if I do it for you, Everyone will have their hand out"

Charles Nungester
Chris Nunn (Online)
  #70 10/5/08 1:01 PM
Speaking of Mr Bloomquist...its five grand..not three..lol I remember the WoO event last year at the Burg where Bloomquist didnt even enter the pits because the race was ONLY $7,000 to win

Stanton put JJ in a bad situation it seems with the pulling out deal, but it looks like JJ did pretty well at the Burg last night. But with not being on the JJ fan club newsletter or what not, no one knew exactly why he couldnt be at TH. So I chalk it up as miscommunication. But I still shouldnt have brought in the respect deal
Closed Thread