IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Dave Darland
9/22/13, 8:21 AM   #1
Dave Darland
Midget 89

If I'm reading this correctly, Dave Darland charged from 24nd to third in USAC Sprints at Eldora to keep the points race close. He would of given up a ton of points to Clauson if not for that remarkable drive. Did it in his backup car. Dave is simply amazing.

Last edited by Midget 89; 9/22/13 at 10:08 AM.

9/22/13, 8:37 AM   #2
Re: Dave Darland
dirt330

Darlands drive was amazing to watch. What a great night at Eldora.When we arrived there was no parking available in main lot, first time I've ever seen that, had to pay to park accross street, I knew then they had a good crowd. Saw cars from 14 states while walking through the lot. When we walked in I was shocked, the crowd was HUGE. Racing was fantastic from all three divisions. The 4 Crown is alive and well.

9/22/13, 8:59 AM   #3
larsonfan
Banned

Echo that - great racing, great crowd, great weather. What a wild sprint car feature! Second year in a row the Hoffman car goes for a ride in turn two in the feature.

Nonwing racing is so good. Great battle in the midget main too

I'm tired, broke, sunburned, and my stomach hurts from too much racetrack food ........ worth every second of the pain! Can't wait until next year!

9/22/13, 9:25 AM   #4
berks co

Just got home to Reading PA after the 500 mile ride home. Out raced and back in 25 hours. This WINDOM fan Loved it

7 members like this post: BrentTFunk, dirt330, fish, ilwingless, PAW, racing4aman, speed bump
9/22/13, 9:47 AM   #5
racenut69

old guyz rule!!!...
Quote:
Originally Posted by midget 89 View Post
if i'm reading this correctly, dave darland charged from 22nd to third in usac sprints at eldora to keep the points race close. He would of given up a ton of points to clauson if not for that remarkable drive. Did it in his backup car. Dave is simply amazing.

Michael Carter....

5 members like this post: BrentTFunk, ilwingless, racegal, racing2bwithu2, racing4aman
9/22/13, 10:24 AM   #6
Jerry Spencer

Can you see Dave in a good Indy or Cup car. I remember a few years ago sombody said Dave was too old to win anymore, like a fine wine Dave gets better with age. J.M.O.

Jerry #66j

9/22/13, 10:36 AM   #7
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

No, He didn't come from 24 to third. He came from 17TH in the B main to Third in the Main having to start the Main at the rear due to a car with no time.

At one point in the A main Dave came up on 7th/8th racing for position and passed both of them in one move.

4 members like this post: Brakeline, LUCKYONE, racegal, Shawn Harper
9/22/13, 11:12 AM   #8
cecil98

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
No, He didn't come from 24 to third. He came from 17TH in the B main to Third in the Main having to start the Main at the rear due to a car with no time.

At one point in the A main Dave came up on 7th/8th racing for position and passed both of them in one move.
now, I'm completely confused?????????????????

9/22/13, 11:22 AM   #9
RxIxCxH

Race Count This Year: 25
Race Count Last Year: Lots

he went to a backup car, therefore had no qualifying time. He started at the back of the b-main and transferred, then started last in the a feature and passed Clausen on the last lap for 3rd

4 members like this post: Charles Nungester, LUCKYONE, racegal, racenut69
9/22/13, 12:52 PM   #10
Midget 89

[QUOTE=Charles Nungester;352685]No, He didn't come from 24 to third. He came from 17TH in the B main to Third in the Main having to start the Main at the rear due to a car with no time.

Charles: I'm confused, also. Not sure where you have me wrong. There were 18 cars in the Semi, according to USAC Twitter, and he started last due to going to his backup. He finished 2nd. USAC Twitter says he started 24th in the main, last, except for a 25th car that was added. He clearly finished 3rd.

1 member likes this post: racegal
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Dave Darland