IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > 4 in a row for Larson!
12/22/19, 5:35 PM   #11
Re: 4 in a row for Larson!
mc/rider

Race Count This Year: 42

Maybe you should put that flast down for awhile Jim
Last edited by mc/rider; 12/22/19 at 5:39 PM.

3 members like this post: i love dirt track racing, jim goerge, racenut69
12/22/19, 6:22 PM   #12
Rich Mersereau

Race Count This Year: Lots
Race Count Last Year: Lots

Kyle Larson please give up on Nap-Car and return to the place where your heart leads you the WoO tour has room for you. in the words of Bo Jackson . . . . . just do it ! ! ! ! !

2 members like this post: i love dirt track racing, racenut69
12/23/19, 8:01 PM   #13
dirt40

Quote:
Originally Posted by mscs20 View Post
Regarding car count, this event is an invitational.....unlike the Chili Bowl. So that explains only having 40 cars.
The midgets were invitational but I don't get why they invite some and not others. Late models were not invite only.

12/23/19, 8:06 PM   #14
dirt40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
Place looks empty compared to last couple years.

Why did Boyles slap the track worker that was just trying to help after the flip?
The place was actually really full for what sections they had open on Saturday night. Boyles didn't slap the guy on purpose. He was trying to get his glove off ( tugging on it ) and when it did his hand hit the guy.

1 member likes this post: luckybuc97
12/23/19, 8:13 PM   #15
trannyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirt40 View Post
The midgets were invitational but I don't get why they invite some and not others. Late models were not invite only.
I agree.It'd be interesting to know what is used to make the selections.Ex: by the drivers name,owners name,series competed in,etc.

12/23/19, 9:02 PM   #16
flagboy55

Pretty sure more were invited than accepted. I know for a fact from listening to the outstanding podcast Rip the Fence, that while Dillon Welch was invited, he initially was going to decline. Only after he found some sponsorship did he accept the invitation. Just because you’re invited isn’t a guarantee you can do it. It’s got to be an expensive weekend, and with another expensive week coming soon in Tulsa, priorities have to be set. I don’t know for fact, I wasn’t there but I’m pretty sure there wasn’t a Kunz car there, and maybe no Petry cars either, but I would bet all of them were invited. By the looks of some of the highlights I saw, perhaps they could include motocross next year on the same card

4 members like this post: jim goerge, luckybuc97, mc/rider, racenut69
12/24/19, 8:55 AM   #17
chop

Not to get off topic for what this post started about. As far as car counts it looks like they used every space they could. Look at this video to show how the cars get to the track. Plus it looks like what every type of camera this guy used could take a beating.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_I6EZLIM3P8

4 members like this post: i love dirt track racing, jdull99, luckybuc97, mc/rider
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > 4 in a row for Larson!