IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > The tale of two Bobby's in Toledo
7/4/09, 12:47 PM   #1
The tale of two Bobby's in Toledo
apexonephoto

Race Count This Year: 8
Race Count Last Year: 35

Since it could be r#$ning in much of Indiana tonight, my Toledo Sprint and Midget photos are posted. I pulled in to Canada Customs at 11:00pm. Decent crowd, sprint feature was pretty good. New track records for both series. Glad to see USAC return to Toledo, and I really hope it's not the last time for awhile.

---------- Post added at 02:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:47 PM ----------

---------- Post added at 02:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:47 PM ----------

I don't work on Monday, anybody know of any Northern Indiana/Ohio racing going on on Sunday the 5th? THAT and VCS are a little too far for me. Any ideas?

James
Last edited by apexonephoto; 7/4/09 at 2:31 PM.

7/4/09, 4:46 PM   #2
Re: The tale of two Bobby's in Toledo
n8dc

Great show .. USAC think hard about the pavement series.. It dont get much better than last night at Toledo.. The beer was cold also and happy hour is great ... Good to see the old cars at the car show . Ran into Rollie Beal and got a hand shake (old friend of my dads) while looking at the sweet cars.. Next year ? PLEASE .
Dave Colliau
Jackson,Michigan

7/4/09, 7:12 PM   #3
Wallsracing

Race Count This Year: 54
Race Count Last Year: 37

kokomo
Posted via Mobile Device

7/5/09, 4:09 AM   #4
cmakin

Great shots, James. I gotta second Kokomo. If you haven't been you need to go. Are you going to hit any Sprint Week events? I am flying into Cincy on Friday and will be hitting all the events.

7/5/09, 7:45 AM   #5
apexonephoto

Race Count This Year: 8
Race Count Last Year: 35

Carey,

Thanks for the kind words. My newest quandary is my wife works today, and I have already been gone to the racetrack for 2 days this week. I have been to Kokomo, about 3 years ago for a Midget race.

Loved it and would like to see sprints run there. But at 4 hours each way, I may have to wait until I can combine 2-3 shows into one trip.

On another note. I was thinking about coming down for the 2nd half of Sprint Week, but I start back to work on Tuesday. As much as I would rather be "shooting cars in Indiana" all week, my day job pays a lot better.

I may have to wait until my Saturday night races at South Buxton Raceway are over until I can make another trip to the Hoosier state.

James
Last edited by apexonephoto; 7/5/09 at 7:46 AM.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > The tale of two Bobby's in Toledo