IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Let's keep IoW great!
1/9/21, 9:49 PM   #11
captrat

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdull99 View Post
Everyone knows the political rules...so let's stay away from that...

It would be nice to see more traffic, pictures, all the stuff that is on the social media sites I care not to name; back on forums like this!

Would rather not see the forums like this go away (I have noticed a few that have).

One thing that does not help though is the unofficial moderators controlling what is on-topic to Indiana open wheel racing (MUCH is...if you think about it...) or something they may be offended by...
I am not sure what your specific point is. This is a site for racing discussion. Granted, and I include myself, there has been some political comments particularly related to the Covid response. So perhaps more info as to your intent would be beneficial.

1/10/21, 3:43 AM   #12
Re: Let's keep IoW great!
jdull99

Why debate it? If you wana go fishing I'm sure there is an open spot on the bank or an ice hole somewhere. Let's get ALL the racing info back on RACING forums! All the Tulsa deals, 2021 rides, results, can be posted here (instead of on social media sites that don't care about racing), etc.

Midgetmadness, RacingOnline, and others are the forums that I know of that have gone away; or basically gone away.

I want to believe the operators of IoW have JUST racers in mind! People shouldn't be afraid to share their racing related updates, thoughts, ideas, etc; here (without calls to the moderators...).

If people want to support the social media sites that have no idea on any of the particulars of racing, than so be it, but personally I have deleted any trace of anything I have to do with with either the two most popular ones; and I will continue to encourage everyone I know to also do so.

Make all the racing (only) forums great and move forward!
Steel$ & Deal$ Swap Meet & Car Shows (next location; TBD...)

1 member likes this post: chrismattlin
1/10/21, 9:08 AM   #13
chop

So lets say next year at a sprint car. Its a big $$$ paying race. At the end of the race, a sprint car wins by a 1/2 a car length. The driver that came in second place drives into victory lane. Grabs the checkered flag, starts waving it and said he won. One of his crew members tackles the trophy queen, takes out a sharpie, crosses off the winner name on the big check, writes the second place drivers name on the check. While that is going on a second crew member points to the transponder on the race car. Makes a claim that it did not work right. He then storms up the grand stands. Kicks in the door of the scoring box, punches the person running the lap top. Takes the laptop and said it must have bad software loaded. He points to victory lane and shouts "we won, look our name is on the check".
Now while this is going on the driver that won the race pulls up to the start finish line of the track. Up on the big screen tv on the back stretch. They are showing the replay of the finish of the race. It clearly show he as won by a 1/2 a car length.
Seeing what has just been shown on the big screen TV. The drunk, not too smart fan of the second place driver gets pissed off up in the grand stand. He starts yelling, "hey I wore my drivers tee shirt to the track today, I waved his flag, I bought a ticket to the track today to see him win the race". This is unfair to me. He runs down the stands. Climbs up the flag stand. The flagman is still up there. The drunk, not to bright fan grabs him by the shirt and pushes him off the flag stand. He hits his head on the track and dies.
The local tv news station is at the track taping the race. They film the whole thing. That night they show the video on the news.
So if I get the understanding of this post. I should never watch the local evening news show any more? Because they do not show the option of the 2nd place driver and his crew, fan?

3 members like this post: dirtnonwingfan, Hoosiersprinter, jim goerge
1/10/21, 9:10 AM   #14
racenut69

Good Point!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chop View Post
So lets say next year at a sprint car. Its a big $$$ paying race. At the end of the race, a sprint car wins by a 1/2 a car length. The driver that came in second place drives into victory lane. Grabs the checkered flag, starts waving it and said he won. One of his crew members tackles the trophy queen, takes out a sharpie, crosses off the winner name on the big check, writes the second place drivers name on the check. While that is going on a second crew member points to the transponder on the race car. Makes a claim that it did not work right. He then storms up the grand stands. Kicks in the door of the scoring box, punches the person running the lap top. Takes the laptop and said it must have bad software loaded. He points to victory lane and shouts "we won, look our name is on the check".
Now while this is going on the driver that won the race pulls up to the start finish line of the track. Up on the big screen tv on the back stretch. They are showing the replay of the finish of the race. It clearly show he as won by a 1/2 a car length.
Seeing what has just been shown on the big screen TV. The drunk, not too smart fan of the second place driver gets pissed off up in the grand stand. He starts yelling, "hey I wore my drivers tee shirt to the track today, I waved his flag, I bought a ticket to the track today to see him win the race". This is unfair to me. He runs down the stands. Climbs up the flag stand. The flagman is still up there. The drunk, not to bright fan grabs him by the shirt and pushes him off the flag stand. He hits his head on the track and dies.
The local tv news station is at the track taping the race. They film the whole thing. That night they show the video on the news.
So if I get the understanding of this post. I should never watch the local evening news show any more? Because they do not show the option of the 2nd place driver and his crew, fan?

3 members like this post: dirtnonwingfan, Hustlin-Hoosier, jim goerge
1/10/21, 10:34 AM   #15
jonboat15

I'm getting pretty excited for Chilli Bowl Week. Bring it on!
Last edited by jonboat15; 1/10/21 at 10:35 AM.

5 members like this post: Hustlin-Hoosier, interpreter66, jdull99, jim goerge, mc/rider
1/10/21, 12:29 PM   #16
revjimk

Quote:
Originally Posted by chop View Post
so lets say next year at a sprint car. Its a big $$$ paying race. At the end of the race, a sprint car wins by a 1/2 a car length. The driver that came in second place drives into victory lane. Grabs the checkered flag, starts waving it and said he won. One of his crew members tackles the trophy queen, takes out a sharpie, crosses off the winner name on the big check, writes the second place drivers name on the check. While that is going on a second crew member points to the transponder on the race car. Makes a claim that it did not work right. He then storms up the grand stands. Kicks in the door of the scoring box, punches the person running the lap top. Takes the laptop and said it must have bad software loaded. He points to victory lane and shouts "we won, look our name is on the check".
Seeing what has just been shown on the big screen tv. The drunk, not too smart fan of the second place driver gets pissed off up in the grand stand. He starts yelling, "hey i wore my drivers tee shirt to the track today, i waved his flag, i bought a ticket to the track today to see him win the race". This is unfair to me. He runs down the stands. Climbs up the flag stand. The flagman is still up there. The drunk, not to bright fan grabs him by the shirt and pushes him off the flag stand. He hits his head on the track and dies.
So if i get the understanding of this post. I should never watch the local evening news show any more? Because they do not show the option of the 2nd place driver and his crew, fan?
bingo!

3 members like this post: dirtnonwingfan, Hustlin-Hoosier, jim goerge
1/10/21, 9:44 PM   #17
jim goerge

Seems I just saw something like this . But its a great point!!!

1 member likes this post: Hustlin-Hoosier
1/11/21, 1:39 AM   #18
jdull99

Who won your mysterious sprint car race by half a car length? Was the car prepped in front of large supportive crowds or in someone's basement? Did the "pass" happen behind a billboard, so that no one could see it, after almost everyone went home and the lights were turned off???

But seriously; was this a winged or non-wing race? lol. And most important, was it in the state of Indiana??? lol

So ya, what time does practice start at Tulsa today...? I will await THIS site for updates!!! Let's enjoy it!!!

...we are getting a LOT of views on this thread tho...
Steel$ & Deal$ Swap Meet & Car Shows (next location; TBD...)
Last edited by jdull99; 1/11/21 at 1:50 AM.

2 members like this post: Hustlin-Hoosier, PIT CART
1/11/21, 4:14 PM   #19
Stevensville Mike

It saddens me when members of the forum start slinging hash at each other. This lowers the standards of everything and everyone involved once it starts. It was quite obvious on this thread below when one simply asked when are you going to go back to the track with the COVID crisis:

https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/sho...d.php?t=115718

Now, I am on another race fans forum. It is not related to dirt, sprints, midgets, or even this country. On that site they have forums for this type of racing, or that type of racing. National, international, sports cars, touring cars, open wheelers, straight liners, etc. Instances like arguing back and forth with each other over ********, COVID, state of affairs, etc., eventually brought that site to create another forum for general chatting and discussion. Subsequently this allowed all members, left, right, and middle, to have discussions, debates, and arguments. The moderators kept discussions out of the racing forums by creating the alternate forum for chat.

IOW has nine forums devoted to classifieds. This one here is devoted to fan interaction with respect to racing. If Mrs. G happens to come along this thread here, maybe it might be time to create another separate forum to allow for banter of the sort that, in my opinion, should not be associated with this forum here.

Kind of like when a ruckus starts in a bar. Eventually the owner or barkeep will ask those involved to "Take it outside."

Then you can come back in once you have 'discussed' your differences of opinions.
Last edited by Stevensville Mike; 1/11/21 at 4:15 PM.

4 members like this post: dirtnonwingfan, Hoosiersprinter, luckybuc97, racenut69
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Let's keep IoW great!