IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Let's keep IoW great!
1/9/21, 3:55 AM   #1
Let's keep IoW great!
jdull99

I encourage all racers, promoters, fans, washed-up-never-were (like me, lol), etc; let's go back to "olden times" and use only forums like IoW (and other racing forums, as you wish). Deactivate from the other "social medias"!!! Sites like this and other "old fashion" forums of the such are great and can be used positively! It is real easy to log off from the more "popular" social accounts and to share your updates, thoughts, and comments on sites like this! Support those that support these forums and please forget about the ones that have become "mainstream"! I haven't studied all the privacy policies, but I'd like to assume (if anything) IoW, and other racer forums, are WAY less intrusive than some of those household name tech companies...
Steel$ & Deal$ Swap Meet & Car Shows (next location; TBD...)

1/9/21, 9:24 AM   #2
chop

Why? I think in the past day or so they have made great improvements.

1/9/21, 9:50 AM   #3
NOSTINKINWINGS

And you had the right to post that comment. It's called freedom of speech.

1/9/21, 10:33 AM   #4
Re: Let's keep IoW great!
jonboat15

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdull99 View Post
I encourage all racers, promoters, fans, washed-up-never-were (like me, lol), etc; let's go back to "olden times" and use only forums like IoW (and other racing forums, as you wish). Deactivate from the other "social medias"!!! Sites like this and other "old fashion" forums of the such are great and can be used positively! It is real easy to log off from the more "popular" social accounts and to share your updates, thoughts, and comments on sites like this! Support those that support these forums and please forget about the ones that have become "mainstream"! I haven't studied all the privacy policies, but I'd like to assume (if anything) IoW, and other racer forums, are WAY less intrusive than some of those household name tech companies...
I'm only on 2 racing sites and 2 motorcycle sites, never was into facebook, twitter, or any other social media sites. I worry if people leave those social media sites and come on here as you wish they will bombard us with their views other than racing. I'm always for the more the merrier as long as the topics pertain to racing. If I want ******** or news I'll turn on the tube.

1/9/21, 12:29 PM   #5
55fan

Jason, never was isn't true. You provided a lot of entertainment. Besides you almost always only spun out after "Zero" Murdoch" spun thrice. I believe I have seen you finish ahead of a preacher in an orange car and wrong way Mcduffie.
I am truly just having fun. I respect and admire the heart and persistence you brought to the track. That goes for Johnny Murdoch, Wally Mcduffie, and Joe Chetta too.
God bless you and God bless America.
Last edited by 55fan; 1/9/21 at 1:07 PM.

5 members like this post: Bostonian, fish, Hustlin-Hoosier, jdull99, Ken Bonnema
1/9/21, 1:33 PM   #6
revjimk

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdull99 View Post
Hmmm.... why do I smell an ulterior, political motive here????

1 member likes this post: dirtnonwingfan
1/9/21, 3:36 PM   #7
Grocery Guy

Race Count This Year: 6

Exactly. What timing. Seriously, you want all these racers, promoters and fans to just discontinue a form of communication with everyone? Just drop and log off their social accounts. How do they get their messages and results out? Wait for their Thursday Speed Sport News? This summer when it might be raining at a track, do we just call a tracks answering machine like the 70's to get info?

Just this week on social media I've enjoyed seeing all the new Chili Bowl car wraps and sites to purchase shirts. I've enjoyed seeing late model team photos of them crossing the dessert and mountains heading to Arizona Speedway. Prior to Christmas I enjoyed watching drivers selling various items for gifts. Soon I'll be looking for these same photos from USAC teams in Florida. You don't think a sponsor tracks social media clicks and posts? On Facebook I've found some excellent private groups that post historical racing photos and messages. Here on IOW last week someone posted they were selling custom face masks and they got called out for spamming. Is that keeping IOW great?

Just because a person (racer) has a social media account doesn't mean they have to use it for political, religious or radical comments. I've rarely seen the racing world do this. Good luck getting all these racing groups to drop their social accounts as you want. You're just regressing the sport.

6 members like this post: captrat, dirtnonwingfan, fish, jim goerge, luckybuc97, rick42
1/9/21, 5:40 PM   #8
revjimk

SLIGHTLY coincidental that this suggestion came out a day after a certain someone was banned from social media???
Moderator, PLEASE delete this post before a big political debate breaks out....

2 members like this post: dirtnonwingfan, fish
1/9/21, 6:30 PM   #9
addictedtodirt

Or you could just scroll on by instead of attempting to silence an opinion you don't agree with.

1/9/21, 8:02 PM   #10
jdull99

Everyone knows the political rules...so let's stay away from that...

It would be nice to see more traffic, pictures, all the stuff that is on the social media sites I care not to name; back on forums like this!

Would rather not see the forums like this go away (I have noticed a few that have).

One thing that does not help though is the unofficial moderators controlling what is on-topic to Indiana open wheel racing (MUCH is...if you think about it...) or something they may be offended by...
Steel$ & Deal$ Swap Meet & Car Shows (next location; TBD...)

2 members like this post: chrismattlin, jim goerge
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Let's keep IoW great!