IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > New Sprint game.....
2/12/16, 8:09 PM   #1
New Sprint game.....
pepprdig

This is from Big ant, seems to sound good. Hope it gets released click the link for info
https://www.facebook.com/bigantdtr/?fref=ts
Last edited by pepprdig; 2/12/16 at 8:10 PM.

2/12/16, 9:04 PM   #2
Blueracer123

Wish someone who did not care about losing money would create a real dirt racing sim. Best game is still rfactor but the community for it is way more drama than other communities.

2/12/16, 9:31 PM   #3
Re: New Sprint game.....
xoxide

Rfactor is a blast. Wish I could justify spending the money on a desktop and wheel setup to play it.

2/13/16, 12:55 AM   #4
LocalYokel

So what does one get if you decide to become a "backer"? The privilege of being able to purchase the game at retail cost? Even as a millenial "crowd sourcing" is lost on me.
I hope the game is awesome, and I'll be first in line to buy a copy at retail price, but it's obsurd to hold fans hostage to pay for your business expenses.

2 members like this post: griffithracing, wright59
2/16/16, 8:49 AM   #5
Andretti18fan

As a sprint car fan and a gamer, this needs to be done. We need to share the heck out of this on Facebook, twitter, etc... Working in the video game environment a few years back, I have seen many consumers, mostly teens to 30+ yrs old, come in and ask for this type of racing game because they are fans of dirt track racing, and just sick and tired of NASCAR, Forza, and Gran Turismo type of games. I know a lot of people on this board may not play games, but there's really a large market for it and it could attract more people to our local tracks and save some from closing down. Heck its even a great way to get driver's names/sponsors out there, as they are going to add real world dirt racers. This is an excellent oppurtunity to get something going and drive interest in dirt track racing.

3 members like this post: DirtHawk92, Racer1039, superstock30
2/16/16, 1:59 PM   #6
SScott7

After playing all the console released Sprint Car games I can say that without a doubt the best sprint car game I have played by far was the game Ratbag and Infogrames produced back in 2002. No disrespect to BigAnt, but they need to take some notes from that game. Got their hands dirty while making the game taking notes from the drivers. Ratbag actually had Mark Kinser's teamowner, Karl Kinser help develop the game, helping them catch almost every angle possible in their WoO game. They got everything right. (Except for Steve Kinser's Chassis ) The game was a masterpiece, they got the tracks perfect, the cars acted like Sprint Cars should and the game was actually very competitive, which you don't find in the 2010. There was no competition in the 2010 WoO game. The game glitches, such as the "mystery Brick", where you would randomly flip into the air while riding the cushion or near the wall, the computer racers were very squirrely even on Pro difficulty and were still not a challenge. In 2010 WoO you could barely hold the throttle and pass everyone within a few laps. If BigAnt would take some time and pay attention to details like ratbag did, they would make some serious money. I just wish that the people who make nascar games would make a sprint car game every now and then thats my two cents on the deal. JMHO

5 members like this post: Andretti18fan, GYATK94, Racer1n, wright59, xoxide
2/16/16, 3:12 PM   #7
GYATK94

Race Count This Year: 36
Race Count Last Year: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by SScott7 View Post
After playing all the console released Sprint Car games I can say that without a doubt the best sprint car game I have played by far was the game Ratbag and Infogrames produced back in 2002. No disrespect to BigAnt, but they need to take some notes from that game. Got their hands dirty while making the game taking notes from the drivers. Ratbag actually had Mark Kinser's teamowner, Karl Kinser help develop the game, helping them catch almost every angle possible in their WoO game. They got everything right. (Except for Steve Kinser's Chassis ) The game was a masterpiece, they got the tracks perfect, the cars acted like Sprint Cars should and the game was actually very competitive, which you don't find in the 2010. There was no competition in the 2010 WoO game. The game glitches, such as the "mystery Brick", where you would randomly flip into the air while riding the cushion or near the wall, the computer racers were very squirrely even on Pro difficulty and were still not a challenge. In 2010 WoO you could barely hold the throttle and pass everyone within a few laps. If BigAnt would take some time and pay attention to details like ratbag did, they would make some serious money. I just wish that the people who make nascar games would make a sprint car game every now and then thats my two cents on the deal. JMHO
Couldn't agree more about the Ratbag WoO being the best sprint car game out. I've still got my ps2 and routinely play that game along with Saturday Night Speedway which offers the opportunity to race midgets. Those two games were far ahead of their time. I look at the graphics and physics on the old NASCAR games produced at that time by the gaming monster that is EA Sports, and the Ratbag dirt racing games blow them away.

Hoping they take your advice and have a look at the Ratbag WoO game before fully developing this one, but either way, I'll end up buying it and giving it a shot!

2/16/16, 6:55 PM   #8
akracer48

On one of the replies on their Facebook they mention that they have some of the members from ratbag on their team. 👍

1 member likes this post: PIT CART
2/22/16, 10:22 PM   #9
Stevensville Mike

Ahhh..... darn. I was hoping this was a board game. You know - a game where we can all play and at the same time look at each other, drink beer and smoke smokes while solving all of the world's problems and finding out how all of the relatives are doing.

Days gone past.....

4 members like this post: DirtHawk92, team3521, Tony74, turn4
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > New Sprint game.....