Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > IndyCar News
12/9/21, 6:29 PM   #1
IndyCar News
Stevensville Mike

While we wait for next season, here is an interesting thing I saw today:

Tracy Dropped from IndyCar Commentary Line-Up
By Simon Chapman
Thursday 9th December, 2021 - 9:45am

Long-time IndyCar Series commentator Paul Tracy will not return to the broadcast line-up in 2022.

The Canadian has been a staple of the commentary team alongside Australia’s Leigh Diffey and American Townsend Bell.

However, the 2003 Champ Car World Series winner has announced he and the broadcaster have parted ways.

According to RACER, a deal couldn’t be done to allow Tracy to commentate and compete in the Superstar Racing Experience and IMSA SportsCar Championship.

“Life is full of change,” wrote Tracy in an Instagram post.

“When I was a race driver I never thought in a million years I would be a TV commentator.

“It’s been eight great years with some great friends like Townsend Bell, Leigh Diffey, Kevin Lee, Kelli Stavast, but we have decided to move on and go in different directions in racing.

“Thank you [IndyCar] for the time and learning experience.

“To all my fans don’t worry, I have lots on my immediate future to keep you entertained with driving and future TV stuff.”

Fellow Canadian James Hinchcliffe is reportedly the favourite to replace Tracy in the commentary booth.

Hinchcliffe made his full-time IndyCar Series return this year with Andretti Steinbrenner Autosport.

It was a largely unsuccessful year, recording a season-best finish of third in a chaotic Music City Grand Prix in Nashville. He was otherwise never a top 10 finisher.

The 2022 IndyCar Series gets underway on February 25-27 on the streets of St Petersburg, Florida.

https://www.speedcafe.com/2021/12/09...ntary-line-up/

3 members like this post: BrentTFunk, EBookerFan, tirespinner
12/10/21, 1:49 AM   #2
Re: IndyCar News
jdull99

"PT go Home"...

Too bad him and Townsend were good together. Wonder if NBC even hires a replacement, or (like when Fox canned DW, they went a year without a 3rd guy) they are cutting everything WAY back planning on losing BIG money on the China Olympics...

Will NBC hire Hinch?...he looks good for the series in a Honda AD; but thats about it...same on Danica (maybe not a Honda ad, but smthn of the like) - But Hinch could do some in-car stuff if he picks up a ride in the 500 and a couple other races...

Wonder if Marco could do it???? I was hoping Penske would put him in the Xfinity car but I haven't heard ANYTHING on that (other than wishful thinking that The Captain would throw him a career revival...after his good runs in Tony's series...)
Steel$ & Deal$ Swap Meet & Car Shows (next location; TBD...)

1 member likes this post: Midget98
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > IndyCar News