IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > RIP Dwaine Esslinger
8/2/13, 1:32 PM   #1
RIP Dwaine Esslinger
ESSLINGER

Dwaine Esslinger passed away last night at the age of seventy nine. He went peacefully without any pain or discomfort. He and his wife Beth had a wonderful time celebrating their fifty-fifth wedding anniversary yesterday before Dwaine quietly passed in his sleep.
Although we are extremely saddened by the loss of Dwaine, we are also thankful that we have had the opportunity to learn from him, work for him and be a friend to him. We are proud to carry on his legacy here at Esslinger Engineering, the company that he started 44 years ago.
Dwaine Esslinger is, and always will remain, a legend in all our hearts. He has left us with stories that will be told forever.
Our thoughts and prayers are with the Esslinger Family.
From all of us at the shop, we are wishing you God-speed and aiding you with our prayers.
We will forever miss you Boss!

8/3/13, 9:43 AM   #2
Re: RIP Dwaine Esslinger
George Pollock

Dwaine Esslinger was a great person and helped Pollock Motorsports get established in midget racing in 2000. He was always helpful and willing to share ideas.

I remember in 2003 at the Copper Classic in the USAC tech area, Dwaine called home to tell Beth the good news. Dwaine with tears in his eyes told Beth, Aaron had won the midget event. I enjoyed seeing him so happy that it brings a tear to my eyes each time I recall that historic day in the desert at Phoinix.

Thank you Dwaine for those great memories and all your help.

RIP

George Pollock Midget #64

2 members like this post: AP64, team3521
8/3/13, 4:47 PM   #3
coxie bowman

I knew Dwaine and Danny from several years ago and enjoyed their friendship. R.I.P. Dwaine and good luck to you Danny.

8/4/13, 2:59 PM   #4
John P Huss

Heard about his passing at Belleville Midget Nationals.
RIP Dwaine. My thoughts & prayers are with family.
Class act that Ronnie Gardner did a lap in his
memory at Belleville. Ronnie is a employee @
Esslinger.
Best Regards,
John

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > RIP Dwaine Esslinger