IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Maverick Sprint Car Series
11/5/23, 6:05 PM   #21
Kart#51

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsc1600 View Post
The High Limit show at Lincoln Park was not even close to full and that is a small grandstand. They ran 2 shows at Lernerville and Bridgeport (whisper: they were on Tuesday as well) and they had big crowds. Not so in Putnamville.
I find it interesting you didn’t answer his question. By not answering it you seem unqualified to comment on the attendance at Putnamville.

2 members like this post: Ilovedirttrackracing, PIT CART
11/5/23, 8:04 PM   #22
Re: Maverick Sprint Car Series
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Mscs?

11/6/23, 12:40 PM   #23
dsc1600

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kart#51 View Post
I find it interesting you didn’t answer his question. By not answering it you seem unqualified to comment on the attendance at Putnamville.
You are correct, the invisible fans seen only by those in attendance packed the place to capacity. Those fans were not picked up by the countless drone shots of the crowd on Flo. Only by being there could you see the capacity crowd on hand.

1 member likes this post: PIT CART
11/6/23, 2:20 PM   #24
Gene Franckowiak

Actually in my 50 years in the sport I have noticed one thing that is constant......whenever a guy comes in and throws around big chunks of money they usually aren't around long. I hope I'm wrong on this one.

11/6/23, 2:24 PM   #25
Gene Franckowiak

The fans were dressed as empty seats which is why the drones did not see them.

3 members like this post: flagboy55, Ilovedirttrackracing, mc/rider
11/6/23, 2:59 PM   #26
Kart#51

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsc1600 View Post
You are correct, the invisible fans seen only by those in attendance packed the place to capacity. Those fans were not picked up by the countless drone shots of the crowd on Flo. Only by being there could you see the capacity crowd on hand.
First off, no one said it was packed to capacity. Those are your words. Those on this board that attended all have the same opinion of the overall crowd. It was good and respectable on very cool night. Been to Putnamville enough to know when there is a good crowd and this was a good crowd not ISW sell out good. I get the feeling that you think it has to be a sell out or Kings Royal attendance to be a well attended.
Last edited by Kart#51; 11/6/23 at 3:02 PM.

2 members like this post: Ilovedirttrackracing, TBONE
11/6/23, 5:40 PM   #27
dsc1600

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kart#51 View Post
First off, no one said it was packed to capacity. Those are your words. Those on this board that attended all have the same opinion of the overall crowd. It was good and respectable on very cool night. Been to Putnamville enough to know when there is a good crowd and this was a good crowd not ISW sell out good. I get the feeling that you think it has to be a sell out or Kings Royal attendance to be a well attended.
With an $80k purse, 2/3rds full at Putnamville doesn’t cut it. And not every winged sprint car race in Indiana will have backing from Flo. The All Stars ran into the same issue when they tried multiple shows in Indiana a couple of years back.

1 member likes this post: flagboy55
11/8/23, 8:15 PM   #28
oldfan49

Wonder how many of the Allstar teams that may not be interested in chasing a national series may a new home with this series or at least hit many of the races.

3 members like this post: addictedtodirt, bighd0522, PIT CART
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Maverick Sprint Car Series