IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
mc/rider (Offline)
  #1 6/24/23 10:33 PM
The Beast went macho mode tonight

When in doubt Gas It
9 Likes: BrentTFunk, Charles Nungester, Hubie48, Ilovedirttrackracing, jdull99, luckybuc97, racefan20, racenut69, tirespinner
EldoraMark (Offline)
  #2 6/24/23 11:39 PM
Congrats to Brady but It's a shame that Brady does not have a major sponsor on the side of his car. He is by far the best ambassador for USAC. Hopefully some company will see a chance to sponsor a champion team.
15 Likes: BrentTFunk, cowboyhar69, Hubie48, Ilovedirttrackracing, jdull99, luckybuc97, LUCKYONE, mc/rider, oldfan49, oppweld, racefan20, racenut69, RedRacer07, spicoli, tirespinner
Charles Nungester (Offline)
  #3 6/25/23 7:22 AM
Originally Posted by EldoraMark:
Congrats to Brady but It's a shame that Brady does not have a major sponsor on the side of his car. He is by far the best ambassador for USAC. Hopefully some company will see a chance to sponsor a champion team.

Well it ought to say HOOSIER in big letters and with big $$$ behind it since they've possibly screwed him out of a championship. But that's just me.

Charles Nungester
6 Likes: flagboy55, Gene Franckowiak, Ilovedirttrackracing, mc/rider, PIT CART, wallbanger II
Daisy's dad (Offline)
  #4 6/26/23 1:27 PM
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester:
Well it ought to say HOOSIER in big letters and with big $$$ behind it since they've possibly screwed him out of a championship. But that's just me.
I don't get the connection, but I'm pretty much out of the loop here in AZ. Can you expand on that a little bit, Charles? On a related subject, what happened to his Fatheadz sponsorship? I noticed that missing from his car at Eastern Storm.

3 Likes: Gene Franckowiak, Luvdirtracing, tirespinner
Gene Franckowiak (Offline)
  #5 6/26/23 2:52 PM
Fatheadz is still on the car and the relationship continues. Rico Elmore is a huge supporter of auto racing on many levels. I feel privileged to call him a friend.
7 Likes: BrentTFunk, Charles Nungester, Daisy's dad, flagboy55, Ilovedirttrackracing, oppweld, tirespinner
  #6 6/26/23 3:33 PM
Thanks Gene, Because I honestly don't know. I did know Fatheadz still helps.

Charles Nungester
mc/rider (Offline)
  #7 6/26/23 9:12 PM
Originally Posted by Daisy's dad:
I don't get the connection, but I'm pretty much out of the loop here in AZ. Can you expand on that a little bit, Charles? On a related subject, what happened to his Fatheadz sponsorship? I noticed that missing from his car at Eastern Storm.
Hoosier has had issues with tires delaminating at a few races this year. Id say Knoxville was most notable

When in doubt Gas It
2 Likes: Daisy's dad, tirespinner
  #8 6/26/23 10:44 PM
Originally Posted by mc/rider:
Hoosier has had issues with tires delaminating at a few races this year. Id say Knoxville was most notable
Grandview about ten laps in
Williams Grove. Also about ten laps in.

What's the point in a reversible tire if it won't last one race. Yeah, some may be the tracks, But grandview sure wasn't.

Charles Nungester
3 Likes: flagboy55, mc/rider, PIT CART
Daisy's dad (Offline)
  #9 6/26/23 10:48 PM
Originally Posted by mc/rider:
Thanks, Mc/rider. I thought that might be what Charles was hinting at, but I wonder why the rest of the teams aren't having the same problems with those tires, at least as consistently. With 25 races still to go on the schedule, we're a long way from crowning a champion.

5 Likes: BrentTFunk, Charles Nungester, Hubie48, jonboat15, tirespinner
BrentTFunk (Offline)
  #10 6/27/23 2:05 PM
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester:
How did they screw him? Aren't all of the teams running the same tire. How did they do something to just him? You seem a little obsessed with your hatred of Hoosier. Did someone beat you with a Hoosier tire when you were a kid?
If Brady would have blown an engine would you be saying that whoever manufactured the failed part screwed him? Brady is going to be just fine. He is a good racer, and as consistent as anyone.
6 Likes: California Mike, dkdorkboy, Grocery Guy, interpreter66, opnwhlmnd, The Old Coyote