IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Is there any Live Web feeds for the Indy 500?
5/26/11, 10:01 AM   #1
Is there any Live Web feeds for the Indy 500?
wright59

Everything is blacked out within 200 miles of the track and I can't make it this year. Thanks for any info.

5/26/11, 9:33 PM   #2
Re: Is there any Live Web feeds for the Indy
apexonephoto

Race Count This Year: 8
Race Count Last Year: 35

In this day and age I would imagine it will be online. Try searching on justin.tv on raceday and it should be on.

Sometimes the feeds seem to get shut down, but usually someone else posts it again. Not sure if the Indycar crowd is as tech savvy as Dale Jr and his legion of followers. But Nascar is always on this site.

5/27/11, 12:25 AM   #3
ronmil

Race Count Last Year: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by wright59 View Post
Everything is blacked out within 200 miles of the track and I can't make it this year. Thanks for any info.
The race is on live on ABC here in Evansville, IN which is about 185 miles from Indy. I thought the days of blackouts were in the past. Even though I attend the race, I always record it because there are many facets of the event that are covered on TV that the live audience doesn't see.

5/27/11, 9:19 AM   #4
TQ29m

Ron, I'm like you, I don't remember any "blackouts" in the past, I just assumed it would be on TV, I'm about 60 miles away, and we've always been able to watch it, I have Comcast, I'll see if I can find it, in the future, if I can figure out how, Comcast needs to provide some info on how to access all the apps they have, I guess they figure anyone can figure it out, but I usually don't have the time. Bob!

5/27/11, 9:29 AM   #5
arctic monkey21

I think its just a blackout on Indy ABC station WRTV.

5/27/11, 10:02 AM   #6
TQ29m

My Comcast guide shows it on WHAS Channel 11, beginning at 10:30 prelims, then the race begins at 11:00 and lasts till 2:30, then the 600 Nascar follows on a different channel, and lasts till 10:00pm. Bob!

5/27/11, 10:41 AM   #7
Bill Gardner
Administrator

http://kentsterling.com/2010/05/28/i...-event-itself/

The local blackouts make absolutely no sense to me. I've never agreed with the thought process.

Quote:
There is only one place remaining in the world that clings to the notion that not televising an event locally leads to greater attendance. Every one else in every organized sport has adopted the philosophy that the more people see an event on TV, the more they will want to pay to see it in person.
The NFL still blacks out home games if they're not sold out and all that leads to is more blackouts. Once the team starts winning and people get excited about the team, they fill the stadium to watch. If they build the excitement of the Indy 500, the demand for tickets will go up.

Quote:
There is an entire generation of kids in Indianapolis who have never seen the race, even on TV. Maybe back in the day, kids would wait for the 7p start time to watch the replay on channel six, but not anymore. They have better things to do than watch a three-and-a-half hour race that concluded at least two-hours prior.
Quote:
Kids should dream about being old enough to buy a ticket and go to the race. Right now, they don’t even know it’s being held because they wonder how big a deal it is if it isn’t even on TV.
IMS should lift the local blackout and begin building the next generation of local Indy 500 and IndyCar fans.

5/27/11, 11:11 AM   #8
wright59

TQ29M, Where are you located so I can see if i get that channel. I am located between Lafayette and Kokomo? Thanks

5/27/11, 11:36 AM   #9
TommySalami
Inactive Member

What are the odds it's blacked out in Gas City? We're doing Little 500 and Kokomo this weekend, and staying in Gas City.

5/27/11, 11:50 AM   #10
TQ29m

Quote:
Originally Posted by wright59 View Post
TQ29M, Where are you located so I can see if i get that channel. I am located between Lafayette and Kokomo? Thanks
I'm in Seymour, In. I'm watching practice right now on VERSUS, ch 66 on Comcast, at least in this area. Bob!

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Is there any Live Web feeds for the Indy 500?