IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Charles Nungester (Online)
  #1 3/14/22 5:25 PM
Been a racin buddy for about fifteen years. Prayers to the family as I considered them all friends and fun to be around.

Charles Nungester
13 Likes: Bostonian, chrismattlin, Dirtfan, dirtnonwingfan, kcarm92, luckybuc97, LUCKYONE, opnwhlmnd, PIT CART, Rcar, ronmil, tirespinner, TNRustler
BrentTFunk (Offline)
  #2 3/14/22 5:30 PM
RIP Bill. He was a great guy. Thoughts are with Lloyd and the rest of the family.
15 Likes: Charles Nungester, chrismattlin, cmakin, Dirtfan, dirtnonwingfan, kcarm92, luckybuc97, LUCKYONE, opnwhlmnd, PIT CART, racenut69, Rcar, Rochesterdj, ronmil, tirespinner
PIT CART (Offline)
  #3 3/14/22 6:16 PM
Prayers to his family and friends.
6 Likes: BrentTFunk, Charles Nungester, kcarm92, LUCKYONE, ronmil, tirespinner
wildman92 (Offline)
  #4 3/14/22 6:33 PM
Bill was a great guy always with a smile and most times a wisecrack or two. He will be missed. Prayers to his family and racing friends.

Jen Kelley (she/her)
9 Likes: BrentTFunk, Charles Nungester, Dirtfan, Jerry Shaw, kcarm92, LUCKYONE, racenut69, ronmil, tirespinner
Jerry Shaw (Offline)
  #5 3/14/22 6:58 PM
This is one that really hurts. Bill Walls was one of a kind. The way I originally met Bill was I said something here on IOW that pissed him off a bit. Something about LPS during the DA days, I think. The next week or so I was at Bloomington and Bob Clauson came over and said "There's someone who wants to meet you". So, I followed him over to turn 1 and I was introduced to Bill, who really let me have a piece of his mind. Let me have it, really good! But, I wasn't mad. I couldn't be, because I respected the hell out of that. We shook hands afterwards and were friends from then on. In the last few years when he'd been battling his health issues, Putnamville and Bloomington just haven't seemed the same. R.I.P Shortbus. Bill, Dick and Paul can have a reunion now, at the big race track in the sky.

Jerry

A man is about as big as the things that make him angry.

Winston Churchill
20 Likes: Al Pierce, Bostonian, BrentTFunk, Charles Nungester, cowboyhar69, dirtnonwingfan, LB, luckybuc97, LUCKYONE, mc/rider, racefan20, racenut69, Rcar, ronmil, SpfldMile, Steve Wendel, tigerone, tirespinner, TQ29m, wildman92
Dirtfan (Offline)
  #6 3/14/22 8:50 PM
First met Bill 30 years ago,made several trips to Terre Haute when he &Janie had the collectable shop behind their house.
One could pretty much count on seeing Bill,Dick,Paul & Jim just about anywhere racing was happening.
R.I.P. Bill,thoughts & prayers to Janie & Family.

Dan Hetser

"Today is a Gift, Tomorrow is not Promised"
8 Likes: BrentTFunk, Charles Nungester, coachmeece, Jerry Shaw, LUCKYONE, racenut69, tirespinner, wildman92
Charles Nungester (Online)
  #7 3/15/22 9:12 AM
Originally Posted by Jerry Shaw:
This is one that really hurts. Bill Walls was one of a kind. The way I originally met Bill was I said something here on IOW that pissed him off a bit. Something about LPS during the DA days, I think. The next week or so I was at Bloomington and Bob Clauson came over and said "There's someone who wants to meet you". So, I followed him over to turn 1 and I was introduced to Bill, who really let me have a piece of his mind. Let me have it, really good! But, I wasn't mad. I couldn't be, because I respected the hell out of that. We shook hands afterwards and were friends from then on. In the last few years when he'd been battling his health issues, Putnamville and Bloomington just haven't seemed the same. R.I.P Shortbus. Bill, Dick and Paul can have a reunion now, at the big race track in the sky.

Jerry
Yup, I pretty much got the same D.A speech, It's our home track and we don't want to lose it, And that I went to the Burg under Wieck when it was always dry slick and only a couple hundred fans in the stands.

Charles Nungester
3 Likes: BrentTFunk, Jerry Shaw, LUCKYONE
BrentTFunk (Offline)
  #8 3/15/22 10:07 AM
Originally Posted by Dirtfan:
First met Bill 30 years ago,made several trips to Terre Haute when he &Janie had the collectable shop behind their house.
One could pretty much count on seeing Bill,Dick,Paul & Jim just about anywhere racing was happening.
R.I.P. Bill,thoughts & prayers to Janie & Family.
I had seen you around for years, but Bill introduced us at Granite City. May have been the first Gold Crown.
6 Likes: Dirtfan, Jerry Shaw, LUCKYONE, racenut69, tirespinner, wildman92
767 (Offline)
  #9 3/15/22 11:33 AM
RIP prayers to the family.
3 Likes: Charles Nungester, LUCKYONE, tirespinner
Dirtfan (Offline)
  #10 3/15/22 12:08 PM
Originally Posted by BrentTFunk:
I had seen you around for years, but Bill introduced us at Granite City. May have been the first Gold Crown.
Oh gosh Brent,that's been a sleep or two ago!

Dan Hetser

"Today is a Gift, Tomorrow is not Promised"
5 Likes: BrentTFunk, Jerry Shaw, racenut69, tirespinner, wildman92