IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > If you want to see a large car count
8/26/11, 7:44 AM   #1
If you want to see a large car count
David Lynch

If you want to see a large car count this weekend go to the Evansville frog follies. Up to 4,000 classic cars.

http://www.courierpress.com/news/201...oll-into-town/

8/26/11, 8:43 AM   #2
Re: If you want to see a large car count
Rpracing1

Some amazing cars with one of the better swap meets in the country.

8/26/11, 9:09 AM   #3
illinisprintfan

I drive US-41 from Vincennes to Carlisle to get to work and this time of the year it is easy to get car envy as you see some of the cars going by to the Follies.

8/26/11, 9:54 AM   #4
Wallsracing

Race Count This Year: 54
Race Count Last Year: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by illinisprintfan View Post
i drive us-41 from vincennes to carlisle to get to work and this time of the year it is easy to get car envy as you see some of the cars going by to the follies.
i watch them go down the road while working and all the diesel dummies are here this weekend

8/26/11, 2:21 PM   #5
ronmil

Race Count Last Year: 48

I just finished working three and a half hours at the Frog Follies as a volunteer, passing out tee shirts to the participants who are preregistered. The street rodders are some really fine people. I enjoy taking a very brief walk around and looking at the fabulous machines. It is interesting that the rodders park in the same spot each year, much like race fans sit in a certain area at a track.

8/27/11, 9:56 AM   #6
petey

I went to the Frog Follies once like 25 years ago with my folks and my older brother. My aunt, uncle and cousin from up in Stl. came along as well with some friends of their's and we stayed the weekend. I can only remember so much of it being 8 or 9 years old at the time but it was a pretty big show even back then. Wouldn't mind going again sometime.

8/27/11, 2:26 PM   #7
lazyifoto

The weekend they start running them cars around in circles and bangin that right rear against the cushion ,I'll be there.
Sure there neat to look at but that only lasts for a moment.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > If you want to see a large car count