IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Best Non Wing Sprint Race You Ever Seen
7/14/11, 2:09 AM   #11
Re: Best Non Wing Sprint Race You Ever Seen
midmad68

josh wise's first sprint car win at perris in 2003 was epic...

7/14/11, 7:38 PM   #12
petey

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim goerge View Post
Best one for me was just a couple years ago at Haubstadt MSCS show Stanbrough and Clayton slidein each other at each turn . Clayton got away from Jon in lapped cars and won it
That's the one that will always come to my mind. Jon was just unbeatable that year (2007) and DC stepped up to the plate and put on one hell of a race with him. And they raced each other so clean, not touching each other once. However Daron didn't get away from Jon in lapped traffic at the very end. There was a two or three lap dash to the checker and Jon immediately threw a slider on Daron aftert the green flag in one. On the last lap Jon slid him again only to have Daron pass him back then Jon tried one last slider in three but didn't get under him enabling Daron to win it.

I'll also mention the Sprint Week race at Brownstown last year. I don't think you could see a better race on a dry slick track than that one. I should be there tonight but I'm not.

1 member likes this post: jim goerge
7/14/11, 8:14 PM   #13
bmemmer

the last time usac had the double header at terre haute in the fall on the weekend its on youtube standbrough and clayton going at it both nights clayton starts 6th in the dash and was in first going into 3. the start of this race is at the 3:12 mark with the dash then the feature of that night. http://youtu.be/EHP_hj5nB0E

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Best Non Wing Sprint Race You Ever Seen