IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Closed Thread  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Gas City ISW Updates
7/9/11, 12:24 AM   #141
Re: Gas City ISW Updates
petey

Quote:
Originally Posted by deannalynn View Post
Lucky!
Haha well at least you were at the race tonight Chris. Thanks again for the updates.

7/9/11, 1:47 AM   #142
reeserx

For my first sprint week show ever, the wait was worth it I would say..overall I had more fun talking to fellow Iows then sitting through all the chaos lol..best part of it all is I get to do the same thing in about 12 hours god I love Indiana
Posted using Mobile Device

3 members like this post: Cel Cripe, Dannypollock24, Sickfan
7/9/11, 2:01 AM   #143
HoosierMikey

Was really glad i was able to go to opening night at Gas City. The racing was really good. The racing for the 4th transfer spots in the heat races were the best in my opinion. The feature was a good race and Windom was all over DD but with DD running almost a perfect race Windom was not able to pull off a pass. Would like to make all speedway events but most likely might get to Brownstown and Bloomington.

7/9/11, 2:22 AM   #144
Rogue-9

They should've let the track slicken out, the feature was follow the leader at the front, and it would've been nice not to be hit by dirt the whole time. Track was perfect before they reworked it, lots of side by side racing, thenn they dug it up. As soon as the grader came out I knew the winner would come from the front row.

7/9/11, 2:38 AM   #145
webster7

A crap feature. Follow the guy in front of you. Sat through 2 track preps and 3 other classes. Feature was a 30 lap hot lap session. Looked like a wing show. I assume it will get better than this.

1 member likes this post: AustinSprinter
7/9/11, 3:00 AM   #146
Jerry Shaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue-9 View Post
They should've let the track slicken out, the feature was follow the leader at the front, and it would've been nice not to be hit by dirt the whole time. Track was perfect before they reworked it, lots of side by side racing, thenn they dug it up. As soon as the grader came out I knew the winner would come from the front row.
To a certain degree, but there were a few good things going on. Clauson did a real good job stalking Ballou and getting around him early. And Robert regained his momentum and did just as good a job returning the favor on BC. As far as Top 5 battles, that one was definitely the best. Cottle passed more people than anybody and did a great job taking the last Top 5 spot from JCJ. Chad Boespflug put in a real good effort, tonight. He and Clayton had two battles. One in the B and then a short, but furious one in the feature. Wes McIntyre, too. Came out of the Qualifier race and transferred out of his heat and then passed a bunch in the A Main. As far as the battle for the win went, it wasn't easy to pass up front, so Windom was relegated into chasing Dave, hoping for him to make a mistake. That's a tough way to make a living, hoping for something that isn't very likely to happen. Regardless, I had a good time watching this program and soaking in the first day of Indiana Sprint Week.

Jerry

Winston Churchill

3 members like this post: AustinSprinter, cowboyhar69, Dannypollock24
7/9/11, 3:32 AM   #147
Rogue-9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Shaw View Post
To a certain degree, but there were a few good things going on. Clauson did a real good job stalking Ballou and getting around him early. And Robert regained his momentum and did just as good a job returning the favor on BC. As far as Top 5 battles, that one was definitely the best. Cottle passed more people than anybody and did a great job taking the last Top 5 spot from JCJ. Chad Boespflug put in a real good effort, tonight. He and Clayton had two battles. One in the B and then a short, but furious one in the feature. Wes McIntyre, too. Came out of the Qualifier race and transferred out of his heat and then passed a bunch in the A Main. As far as the battle
for the win went, it wasn't easy to pass up front, so Windom was relegated into chasing Dave, hoping for him to make a mistake. That's a tough way to make a living, hoping for something that isn't very likely to happen. Regardless, I had a good time watching this program and soaking in the first day of Indiana Sprint Week.
Jerry
I couldn't see all of that because I was getting pelted, sitting in the second row, I spent most of the race watching cottle.

7/9/11, 12:05 PM   #148
Jerry Shaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue-9 View Post
I couldn't see all of that because I was getting pelted, sitting in the second row, I spent most of the race watching cottle.
Yeah, If you have to sit low at Gas City, you're going to spend most of the night under siege.

Another highlight of last night was Clauson's qualifying run. The guys that were in the last half of that draw were at a definite disadvantage (i.e. Levi Jones 30th quick). Going out there and laying down 4th quick under those track conditions was impressive, to say the least. Several ISWs have came down to less than five points, in the end. Who knows, come next Saturday, this one thing could possibly turn out to be what made the difference.

Jerry

Winston Churchill

7/9/11, 12:40 PM   #149
hoosier race fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Shaw View Post
The guys that were in the last half of that draw were at a definite disadvantage.

Jerry
I wish USAC would make a format change and go to group qualifying so drivers wouldn't be at such a disadvantage when the track changes so much during qualifying. The format used for the late models last night at Farmer City worked well with a field of 41 cars. To do that, USAC would probably have to drop the part about making anybody outside the top 32 run a non-qualifier race. I think the drivers would certainly be in favor of at least getting an opportunity to run a heat race. I guess they could just take the top 8 qualifiers from each group and anybody outside the top 8 runs a non-qualifiers race. It just seems like a lot of these guys are doomed by their draw and really don't even have a chance to race.

2 members like this post: Bruce Harrison, dusty tracks
Closed Thread Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Gas City ISW Updates