IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
ShamrockRacin'48G (Offline)
  #1 7/9/15 1:46 PM
AK Racer and I are Still sticking with the plan to hit all 7 ISW races again...we have allowed ourselves 2 hotel nites, the rest being old school tent campers. We already have a hotel at Haubstadt. We will camp Wednesday at Terre Haute, and head for Pville Thursday morning. After Pville Thursday nite we would like to drive to maybe Indy south side late and catch a CHEAP hotel for a quick nite before heading to Bloomington Friday....Anybody know where our best bet to catch something like a Low buck Super 8 on the fly? We don't wanna commit to a reservation because of threat of rain...thx in advance for any suggestions, sprint cars in the chute, it's time to go!!
chathamracefan (Offline)
  #2 7/9/15 1:50 PM
Last year, I did Putnamville & Bloomington. We stayed in Martinsville after the Putnamville race. About an hour drive, but only 1/2 hour from Bloomington. I think we stayed in the Best Western.
FrankR63 (Offline)
  #3 7/9/15 2:33 PM
Economy Inn, 1/2 mile from Bloomington Speedway, owner is a racer, paid $54.00 for Midget week.
4805 S. Old HWY 37.
Found him on Yelp, sorry, but I do not have his phone #
Decent place, great price, good dude there.
scottyCbus (Offline)
  #4 7/9/15 2:59 PM
Going to be tough camping at THAT its fair week! Just a thought! Parking will be tough as well and will have to pay to park is what I heard.
2 Likes: dctracy79, jim goerge
scottyCbus (Offline)
  #5 7/9/15 3:01 PM
Originally Posted by ShamrockRacin'48G:
AK Racer and I are Still sticking with the plan to hit all 7 ISW races again...we have allowed ourselves 2 hotel nites, the rest being old school tent campers. We already have a hotel at Haubstadt. We will camp Wednesday at Terre Haute, and head for Pville Thursday morning. After Pville Thursday nite we would like to drive to maybe Indy south side late and catch a CHEAP hotel for a quick nite before heading to Bloomington Friday....Anybody know where our best bet to catch something like a Low buck Super 8 on the fly? We don't wanna commit to a reservation because of threat of rain...thx in advance for any suggestions, sprint cars in the chute, it's time to go!!
Just drive to Bloomington after the race and stay there! Cheap places on the west side to be found!
luckybuc97 (Offline)
  #6 7/9/15 3:30 PM
Set up camp at P-ville early and drive to THAT and back, short drive.

Rick Roth
ShamrockRacin'48G (Offline)
  #7 7/9/15 9:29 PM
Thx for the replies gents...
Dirtfan (Offline)
  #8 7/9/15 9:41 PM
Originally Posted by ShamrockRacin'48G:
Thx for the replies gents...
I wouldn't drive back to Indy, but that's your business. You might try some motels around Cloverdale, Bloomington will have plenty of motels but I guarantee you they will be pricey due to it being a college town.

Dan Hetser

"Today is a Gift, Tomorrow is not Promised"
DIRT (Offline)
  #9 7/9/15 10:49 PM
Motel 6 39.99 a night Bloomington