IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Gateway Nationals-Midgets
10/13/18, 1:14 AM   #1
Gateway Nationals-Midgets
ISF

Where can the list of midget driver that have accepted an invitation to compete in the upcoming Gateway Nationals in St. Louis be found?

1 member likes this post: Kansasdirtfan
10/13/18, 7:57 AM   #2
Re: Gateway Nationals-Midgets
miledirt

From their website

INVITED DRIVER(S)

A

ABREU, RICO

ALLGAIER, JUSTIN

B

BABB, TERRY

BACON, BRADY

BAYSTON, SPENCER

BEASON, JONATHAN

BELL, CHRISTOPHER

BERNAL, RYAN

BOAT, CHAD

BRIGHT, ALEX

BRISCOE, CHASE

C

CARRICK, TANNER

COFER, MARIA

COONS JR, JERRY

COPELAND, COLBY

COURTNEY, TYLER

D

DARLAND, DAVE

DAUM, ZACH

F

FACCINTO, MICHAEL

FELKER, ANDREW

G

GARDNER, RONNIE

GOLOBIC, SHANE

GRANT, JUSTIN

GUERRINI, FRANKIE

H

HAUDENSCHILD, JAC

HAUDENSCHILD, SHELDON

J

JOHNSON, SAM

K

KHANE, KASEY

KLAASMEYER, TUCKER

L

LARSON, KYLE

LEARY, CJ

LYNCH, BRAYTON

M

MCCREADIE, TIM

MCDOUGAL, JASON

N

NEUMAN, JAKE

P

PAUCH JR, BILLY

PICKENS, MICHAEL

PITTMAN, DARYN

PRICE-MILLER, PARKER

R

RAY, DAVEY

REUTZEL, AARON

ROBINSON, RYAN

S

SALDANA, JOEY

SARFF, KARTER

SCELZI, GIOVANNI

SCHATZ, DONNY

SCHUETT, KYLE

SCHUMAN, CASEY

SEAVEY, LOGAN

SHAFFER, TIM

SHELTON, HOLLY

SIMON, LANDON

STENHOUSE JR, RICKY

STEWART, TONY

SWANSON, KODY

SWEET, BRAD

SWINDELL, SAMMY

T

THOMAS JR, KEVIN

THOMAS, TYLER

THORSON, TANNER

W

WALKER, GAGE

WINDOM, CHRIS

WISE, ZEB

Y

YELEY, JJ

10/13/18, 10:55 AM   #3
Kansasdirtfan

I believe the question related to drivers who have ACCEPTED the invitation. I couldn't find that list on their website anywhere.

1 member likes this post: ISF
10/13/18, 3:08 PM   #4
miledirt

Ah, my bad

1 member likes this post: ISF
10/13/18, 3:12 PM   #5
chathamracefan

Just a guess but I imagine they are looking to be around 50 midgets. Mods and midgets were invites. Imagine 50 each of those and around 100 late models. I’ve gone both years and will this year. I’m thinking the midgets will steal the show.

10/13/18, 5:57 PM   #6
ISF

Surely there is a list of midget drivers who have accepted the invitation SOMEWHERE. I seem to remember seeing a list of those drivers that have accepted earlier during the summer. However, since I don't remember where I saw it I may be in error.

This year will be our first time at the Gateway due to them scheduling directly against the traditional December Du Quoin indoor event. Wouldn't miss the Du Quoin show for a late model race but now with the midgets being included at the dome on a different date from Du Quoin that changes everything. If most of the midget drivers that have been extended invitations show up this dome deal should be a very good event. I too believe the midgets will be the star attraction this year especially if Larson, Bell, Briscoe, Sammy, Stenhouse Jr. and Sunshine, among others, show up.
Last edited by ISF; 10/13/18 at 6:07 PM.

10/13/18, 8:43 PM   #7
chathamracefan

I will add tho that the lates and mods have put on good shows both previous years. A cool event for sure.

1 member likes this post: bmemmer
10/14/18, 1:58 AM   #8
bmemmer

I agree with what he said said above. I go to about 40 to 50 sprint car races a year and been to the dome the last two years and if midgets some how run first you need to stay for the late models. Its a treat. 3 wide racing and Shannon Babb will try his best to knock the wall down.

1 member likes this post: nathans1012
10/14/18, 2:53 PM   #9
ronmil

Race Count Last Year: 48

Is it necessary to buy tickets in advance, or can you just get them at the box office on race day?

10/14/18, 3:12 PM   #10
ISF

Our only concern at this point is who has accepted invitations to compete in the midget division and it appears no one can answer that question. At least no one who reads and posts here. The order in which the Friday & Saturday night A-mains is of no particular import at this point and midget car count is not the information we seek, it's more a case of who as opposed to how many.

The two prior years the dome event ran in direct conflict with the Junior Knepper 55 USAC National Midget show an hour and a half to the east over in Du Quoin and we, without regret, opted for Du Quoin in both instances which boasted a very good car count with no support division. The value quotient made the decision an easy one. A good quality room is half, concessions are significantly cheaper and it cost $0.00 to park and from what I've seen of the video the racing was somewhat superior at Du Quoin but, admittedly, that is in the eye of the beholder. It's not necessary to attend 40 to 50 racing events of any kind to figure all that out. If we decide to attend we certainly hope the product warrants the added expense but that's the chance one takes when attending a first time show, at least in reference to the midgets. As the old saying goes, you pay's your money, you take's your chances.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Gateway Nationals-Midgets