IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Tmez
12/18/18, 7:03 PM   #31
Re: Tmez
Speedmax3

I think this whole thing has been blown out of proportion. I have no doubt that he was intending to make a humorous joke about himself and not slamming the track. It seems in our society anymore someone is always offended by something and has to let everyone know. I don't cuss but some do, I believe in God some don't, we are all different and express ourselves in different ways. Do we want to be like Nascar, I hope not, we see how well there doing. I don't know what happened in the past, but we all make mistakes and learn from them. I enjoy his interviews and wish there was more drivers that comfortable with a microphone. Some of them are downright boring, but as I said were all different.

12/18/18, 8:37 PM   #32
oppweld

Race Count This Year: 3
Race Count Last Year: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedmax3 View Post
I think this whole thing has been blown out of proportion. I have no doubt that he was intending to make a humorous joke about himself and not slamming the track. It seems in our society anymore someone is always offended by something and has to let everyone know. I don't cuss but some do, I believe in God some don't, we are all different and express ourselves in different ways. Do we want to be like Nascar, I hope not, we see how well there doing. I don't know what happened in the past, but we all make mistakes and learn from them. I enjoy his interviews and wish there was more drivers that comfortable with a microphone. Some of them are downright boring, but as I said were all different.
Well said, Next!

4 members like this post: interpreter66, jim goerge, mc/rider, Rpracing1
12/18/18, 10:35 PM   #33
Slider20

Damn some of you guys need to delete your IOW account and get a subscription to CNN. This dude is as real as they come, and if you can’t respect that, start watching Soccer on Saturday nights.

12/18/18, 10:55 PM   #34
MIracing

TMez tweeted this today and I thought it was appropriate for this thread.

"I'm not very well spoken ppl but I can wheel a dirt car with the best of them lol"

12/18/18, 11:45 PM   #35
Re: Tmez
jim goerge

I wpuld rather hear our drivers say stuff like that then hear a pre recorded speech like nascrap yep Susan Love T-mez
Last edited by jim goerge; 12/18/18 at 11:48 PM.

5 members like this post: Ken Bonnema, oppweld, Rpracing1, Speedmax3, tmac39
12/19/18, 12:13 AM   #36
Bill Angel

I went to Terre Haute for the 1st night race with WOO and temporary lighting. I walked by Cricket Keel and started a conversation I was amused that he referred to Terre Haute as a "********" and although it's my favorite track I wasn't even slightly offended.I know Thomas a little, we're not good friends but I talk to him occasionally and he talks in an interview just like he talks to people, you're going to hear what's on his mind and he's not going to sugarcoat what he says. I do know he really likes to race a midget at Duquoin and Tulsa.

5 members like this post: dwhitney1169, jim goerge, oppweld, Speedmax3, tmac39
12/19/18, 12:51 AM   #37
Hamby454

I personally am not offended by the language. Most if not all of us have heard and or even said much worse. But it’s perception, if the perception is he was bashing a community or track that’s bad for the sport. What happens if it pisses off someone on the fairboard there and they say ok no more open wheel indoor or outdoor races here anymore. This sport is bigger than any one person. And a lot of people can’t seem to grasp that. No I don’t think it was a slam or out of line, heck I like the raw uncensored interviews but all it takes is to offend the wrong person and it’s ruined for everyone. Drivers can bash each other, themselves, their owner, the crew chief, whoever they want if it will only affect them but when you put the entire sport in jeopardy that’s crossing a line. Hopefully it doesn’t get interpreted that way but that’s my 2 cents.

2 members like this post: jim goerge, trannyman
12/19/18, 3:46 AM   #38
Scooter

Race Count This Year: Lots
Race Count Last Year: 50+

This guy is as genuine as a racer gets...

A few years back I was on my way to Grandview PA for a USAC race...I’m wearing a TMez shirt...he was driving the 66 Amati Car

I’m walking out of a gas station and this beat up car pulls into the parking lot...A gentlemen gets out of the car and says to me “where can I find me one of those shirts?”...I start laughing as It was TMez himself..i talked with him for a minute, wished him good luck and continued on! The dude is a one of a kind when it comes to race car drivers

12/19/18, 1:07 PM   #39
flagboy55

Rip the fence just did an interview with him on their podcast. I haven’t listened yet but maybe he explains the situation. On another note, I get people don’t like to expose their children to some foul language, but in the big picture, are you going to keep them in a closet their whole lives? Way worse things going on in the world than some profanity at the race track, and a lot easier for them to get access to. It doesn’t offend me at all. If you’re offended, that’s certainly your right, but I think it’s refreshing we have some folks who aren’t afraid to speak their mind unfiltered

5 members like this post: jim goerge, Ken Bonnema, Kydehart, spicoli, tmac39
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Tmez