IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Closed Thread
DAD (Offline)
  #101 7/31/12 4:15 PM
Originally Posted by Outlaw2010:
"Hello! all midgets, minisprints and sprintcars are dinosaurs. "

I guess it fine if you choose not to, or cant understand, what I wrote.

I stated the current business Model for Mini Sprint racing is a very poor one, and cannot survive.
If you would like to comment on that statement I would be happy to start a dialog. Sadly,I have found these forums do more to impede an intelligent discussion rather than foster one.
Sorry about that chief. How long have you been in the mini sprint - open wheel business? I think I will stick with "Speedy Bill" and the "Foz" guys myself thank you, you have lost my business not that you were ever going to get it.

Were I you I would find another board closer to home to read that had more intelligent members you could relate to maybe with "MBA's".

How many mini sprint races do you race in a year? See that you sponsor "Scott Johnson" up in Mn. What business school did you attend? If I were trying to sell to the racing public and you are (CHEAP SEATS) the first thing I would do is get down off of that high horse you are sitting on.

We are in the hot bed of Mini sprint/1000cc midget racing. We see what is going on. If your business model includes Ford I would suggest USAC. They have a great business model , a rule book and corporate structure to go with it, make your self at home. You might have to come up with a little money to play with them, but they would be great for you and your business.

HELLO!

Honest Dad himself

PS. Do you have any sponsorship money available?

---------- Post added at 4:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 3:47 PM ----------

Originally Posted by Outlaw2010:
"Hello! all midgets, minisprints and sprintcars are dinosaurs. "

I guess it fine if you choose not to, or cant understand, what I wrote.

I stated the current business Model for Mini Sprint racing is a very poor one, and cannot survive.
If you would like to comment on that statement I would be happy to start a dialog. Sadly,I have found these forums do more to impede an intelligent discussion rather than foster one.
DOES THIS GUY ADVERTISE ON "IOW" ?

Honest Dad himself
Phylo82 (Offline)
  #102 7/31/12 4:21 PM
A quick search on eBay shows around 10 GSXR1000s between the years of 2005 and 2008 in the price range of $1500 to $2600.

Phil Heil
#13e Maxim Sprint
Owner, Crew Chief, Pit Crew, Hauler, Check Writer, Grunt
Cadpro18 (Offline)
  #103 7/31/12 4:38 PM
In all fairness, a quick search on ebay shows DuraTecs at $500-900... except you don't have to get one on Ebay and pay to ship it, you can get one at the local boneyard.
2 Likes: DAD, sday27
Phylo82 (Offline)
  #104 7/31/12 4:49 PM
Originally Posted by Cadpro18:
In all fairness, a quick search on ebay shows DuraTecs at $500-900... except you don't have to get one on Ebay and pay to ship it, you can get one at the local boneyard.
I understand that.....my only point is I don't see motocycle engines becoming difficult to find over then next decade. There are no shortage of bikes, and more importantly, no shortage of people wrecking bikes.

I ran into this same type thing with quarter midgets. Every year QMA felt the need to change the Honda rules because the new motors were different than the older ones. Well guess what, there were so many older fricking Honda 120 and 240 motors available there was no reason for anyone to buy a new one.

Find something that works, stick to it, and keep costs down. As someone else said, this is just a hobby for most of us.

Phil Heil
#13e Maxim Sprint
Owner, Crew Chief, Pit Crew, Hauler, Check Writer, Grunt
2 Likes: Xflagman
DAD (Offline)
  #105 7/31/12 4:59 PM
Originally Posted by Cadpro18:
The big deal is what state of tune is that Ford engine in that you are getting off of Ebay or the junk yard? Even without factory support that 1000cc motorcycle motor will eat a hopped up Ford's lunch.

I am sure Mr. Outlaw would be glad to sell you parts to make that Ford motor faster he is in the business of selling performance auto parts, just not to me. I think that he or the guy that has put that little Ford motor in a midget chassis should get the chance to race it and if they choose to race with us in Indiana they would get my blessing. If they choose to stay in Mn. that is great also.

If things tighten up here and or in Japan we might have to find a new power plant, that is a bridge yet to be crossed. We will do it.

Just don't give me that line about a failed business model. To me that sounds like global warming and Mr. Outlaw probably also believes in that.

Honest Dad himself
2 Likes: STUMPS88
backitin
  #106 7/31/12 5:17 PM
All minisprint racing needs is more holligans out there wrecking bikes. I've done my share of bike destroying, I'm getting too old and tired to supply you guy's with engines anymore.
2 Likes: D.L. 122, Phylo82
DAD (Offline)
  #107 7/31/12 5:19 PM
Lets put this thing to bed, I"m tired andI would hate to think I was helping "Mr Outlaw" in any way, good night.

Honest Dad himself
Outlaw2010 (Offline)
  #108 7/31/12 5:20 PM
Originally Posted by DAD:
Sorry about that chief. How long have you been in the mini sprint - open wheel business? I think I will stick with "Speedy Bill" and the "Foz" guys myself thank you, you have lost my business not that you were ever going to get it.

Were I you I would find another board closer to home to read that had more intelligent members you could relate to maybe with "MBA's".

How many mini sprint races do you race in a year? See that you sponsor "Scott Johnson" up in Mn. What business school did you attend? If I were trying to sell to the racing public and you are (CHEAP SEATS) the first thing I would do is get down off of that high horse you are sitting on.

We are in the hot bed of Mini sprint/1000cc midget racing. We see what is going on. If your business model includes Ford I would suggest USAC. They have a great business model , a rule book and corporate structure to go with it, make your self at home. You might have to come up with a little money to play with them, but they would be great for you and your business.

HELLO!

Honest Dad himself

PS. Do you have any sponsorship money available?

---------- Post added at 4:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 3:47 PM ----------

DOES THIS GUY ADVERTISE ON "IOW" ?

Honest Dad himself
Yes Father,

I will get off MY high horse now.
Please let me respond to a few of your personal attacks now...

I race a few Mini Sprint events a year, every race WIMS runs in fact.

Scott Johnson lives in Illinois not Minnesota and unfortunately hasn't been racing his DLX this season so sponsorship is a non issue...In fact Scott has nothing to do with my statements in any way.

Whether you stick with "Speedy Bill " to buy your parts is also a non issue. I do like Larry over at FOZ and purchase some of my parts through his company Speed Partz as I am not in the Mini Sprint Business due to my previously stated , Mini Sprint nonsensical business model. And furthermore, I have a customer base built from well informed,intelligent and pleasant customers, and everyone over here at Outlaw is proud to serve them.

What any of this has to do with the conversation about moving Mini Sprint Racing forward with some backing from large corporations I will never know.

Its a pretty common tactic to attack the messenger rather than the message. Happens in ******** every day and I believe much too frequently on these boards as well. You DAD proved that with your most recent rant toward me which had absolutely nothing to do with what I was saying.
Have a nice night.
2 Likes: koolaid89, TQ29m
backitin
  #109 7/31/12 5:53 PM
The minisprint class isnt broken. I believe the last thing most minisprint people want is the backing of a large corporation. Were simple folks, that would prefer to take a engine out of a smashed bike and go have some fun. I dont believe this class was intended for anything other than taking some parts, putting a car together and enjoying racing as a family. For that end the minisprint is perfect, theres nothing nonsensical about the business model, it actually works quite well. You can still take 5 grand and go kick some butt, after the sensical business folks get a hand in it you can figure on spending alot more.
2 Likes: RickyBobby, TM123
RickyBobby (Offline)
  #110 8/1/12 12:53 AM
"Which Japanese manufacturer has spent dollar one on Mini Sprint racing?
Thats what I thought...."

"Ford on the other hand,an American Company, has spent their resources in an attempt to help and grow this class of racing by making a cheaper and more durable engine/driveline package."

That could not be more wrong. Are you really trying to play the America card? It is more un- American to take away our free choice of low cost motors, and then raise the cost of the class by making everyone buy the same ford motor. Ford is clearly in this for the profits, not the racers.

Just 10 months ago, we bought a low mileage 08 1000cc honda for $800 on ebay, & not to mention saved over $2000 in expenses by running a CHAIN instead of a quick change rear end. There are just as many, if not more, active mini sprints in the Midwest than there has been in years. Car counts are growing now that engines are so cheap and reliable.

Posted via Mobile Device
5 Likes: DAD, Phylo82, STUMPS88, TM123
Closed Thread