IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > POWRi D2 Midget on DO Racin
9/1/15, 6:14 PM   #1
POWRi D2 Midget on DO Racin
Avon Open Wheel fan

Be sure to check out this weeks Racin with DO. The Lucas Oil POWRi D2 Midwest Midget Series had the opportunity to speak with DO about what the D2 Midgets are.

We would also like to thank DO for having us on his show.

http://jackslash.com/podcast/

www.illinimidgets.com

1 member likes this post: DAD
9/2/15, 2:12 PM   #2
Re: POWRi D2 Midget on DO Racin
DAD

Bob

Thanks for the plug on DO's last night. Is their anybody strong enough to take a challenge other than Chett?

Honest Dad himself

9/2/15, 3:00 PM   #3
Scott Bradley

I woulda for sure

3 members like this post: Chase Briscoe, DAD, MMiller19
9/2/15, 3:45 PM   #4
DAD

Scotty

You or your brother had the car to do it>>sure wished you guys would have moved up on the track a little bit especially Andy. Tell Andy I got just the cure for that Lady Luck thing standing on the corner right now in front of the shop.

Honest Dad himself

9/2/15, 5:16 PM   #5
cbaumeyer48

I heard the D2 program needs to add 100 lbs of weight to that Ecotech car.....

1 member likes this post: DAD
9/2/15, 6:25 PM   #6
DAD

cb

Naw just take away $400.00 in incentive. A good driver in a good Mini Sprint would give him a run for his money. How you doing with my Midget pillow tops? I know a place we could sell some at. They sure bounce good with them spring steal frames. We furnished the scales and he went across at 1171 pounds at the end of the race. Wont be too far behind the Sprint cars pretty soon. The track was better than I have ever seen it and he went up high hooked up and stayed out of trouble. Everybody else chose to beat and bang on the bottom. I Sure would have liked to see them Blue's Brothers show up there and double teamed him. I might be richer right now.

Honest Dad himself
Last edited by DAD; 9/2/15 at 6:36 PM.

1 member likes this post: cbaumeyer48
9/2/15, 7:15 PM   #7
Wayne Davis

Race Count This Year: 38
Race Count Last Year: 68

Thanks Bobby G for the shoutout and spreading the word about
D-II Nation

www.SouthernOutlawPromotions.com

2 members like this post: Avon Open Wheel fan, DAD
9/3/15, 8:18 AM   #8
dirt40

Lets get them farther north in Illinois

2 members like this post: DAD, Wayne Davis
9/3/15, 9:10 AM   #9
DAD

Dirt

You already have some classes in central and northern Illinois already running this class of car. They will generally be composed of both automotive engined cars with a few Motorcycle cars thrown in for flavor. They are very competitive and probably the cheapest form of real open wheel racing available. There is a little problem now in defining how much work to the automotive engines they are willing to accept, and whether or not allow for inclusion of newer automotive designs as they become available. For some reason they seem to be stuck with a 2400cc displacement limit when most of the newer motors entering the market today have raised their displacement to 2500cc's or shrunk them down to 2000cc's or less and use a stock supercharger to bring their power and efficiency up to or sometimes better than their larger counterparts. I am for staying stock and relying for the manufacture to set the rules, in other words stay current with what is showing up in junk yards. Most cycle motors remain basically stock as removed from the bike.

Honest Dad himself
Last edited by DAD; 9/3/15 at 9:12 AM.

9/3/15, 9:36 AM   #10
kdobson

We have been running all season at Lincoln Speedway. What started out as a lightning sprint show has become basically a DII show with Ecotechs allowed.

We moved the Friday Oct 9th POWRi/MOWA event to Jacksonville Speedway to be a 2 day show. On Friday night Oct 9th we are running a DII race and putting the POWRi sanction on it as they will officiate the DII cars as well as the National Midgets.

The major change from the POWRi rules is that we will limit the cycle engines to 1000cc since that's what we have raced here in Central Illinois all season. Heading into next year, I expect DII midgets to have a home on Fridays at Lincoln and Jacksonville on weeks Lincoln isn't racing.
Last edited by kdobson; 9/3/15 at 10:26 AM.

5 members like this post: DAD, DaGuy, red70racer, Tom23, Wayne Davis
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > POWRi D2 Midget on DO Racin