Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > TSS Sunday
9/2/15, 11:44 AM   #11
Re: TSS Sunday
mowerman

Race Count This Year: 13
Race Count Last Year: 87

Quote:
Originally Posted by flagboy55 View Post
How do you folks think it will affect the field for the vince osman memorial at kokomo? I don't know what it pays but tss pays 3ķ to win.
Don't think it will affect it at all . More cars at Kokomo .

9/2/15, 12:51 PM   #12
rclaridge

Quote:
Originally Posted by mowerman View Post
Don't think it will affect it at all . More cars at Kokomo .
Here we go again, someone always has to stir the pot,there's enough good cars to go around. Hope every track running has a good crowd and great racing and most importantly a safe night for all!!

9/2/15, 1:14 PM   #13
Rpracing1

Can't wait!

9/2/15, 2:02 PM   #14
jim goerge

Quote:
Originally Posted by rclaridge View Post
Here we go again, someone always has to stir the pot,there's enough good cars to go around. Hope every track running has a good crowd and great racing and most importantly a safe night for all!!
Roger I don"t think Bob was stirring the pot at all. It was a real and honest answer, Let's face facts there are more cars up north than down here, and I believe both races pay the same. Guys will go to where they can win and make the most money without a bunch of travel and who can blame them. As I have said on here a bunch of times you don"t need 40 cars for a good show!!! Haubstadt will get around 20 cars and they will put on one hell of a show so sit back and enjoy them

9/2/15, 2:21 PM   #15
chastaj

TSS needs to have a few "weekly" Sat night sprint shows to give lower budget local guys a chance to get accustom to the place vs having to run USAC or MSCS first time out. Let us get some laps and figure the place out and more cars might feel more comfortable running there vs having to line up next to the big names right off the bat.

2 members like this post: Ch138, jim goerge
9/2/15, 2:34 PM   #16
jim goerge

TSS used to run a weekly show but car counts dropped, guys talked about loseing a hour on way home , distance blah blah blah etc etc so TSS went specials only. Now you say run a weekly Saturday night show. Where they going to get the cars from?

4 members like this post: BrentTFunk, Dirtfan, i love dirt track racing, rclaridge
9/2/15, 5:50 PM   #17
ryan84

Quote:
Originally Posted by chastaj View Post
TSS needs to have a few "weekly" Sat night sprint shows to give lower budget local guys a chance to get accustom to the place vs having to run USAC or MSCS first time out. Let us get some laps and figure the place out and more cars might feel more comfortable running there vs having to line up next to the big names right off the bat.
There is good chance that there only be around 20 Sunday. I dont understand why you wouldn't run and get some seat time. You only get better when running with the best. Between California and kokomo, I think its anybodys race Sunday and anybody showing up should have a good chance of running up front. I just hope everyone has a fun and safe weekend.

3 members like this post: AB Racing, i love dirt track racing, jim goerge
9/2/15, 9:54 PM   #18
chastaj

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim goerge View Post
TSS used to run a weekly show but car counts dropped, guys talked about loseing a hour on way home , distance blah blah blah etc etc so TSS went specials only. Now you say run a weekly Saturday night show. Where they going to get the cars from?
I was not aware they use to run weekly. I know of 5 first year sprint car drivers within 15 miles of my house. 2+ hours from TSS. Issue is that place is fast, fast, fast and that wall is intimidating for newbies. It's fine to try and run with faster drivers till you get driving over your talent level. "Mines low" and wad a car up, or worse yet take someone else out with you.

4 members like this post: Agentry10, jim goerge, Leohr46, ryan84
9/2/15, 10:26 PM   #19
Rpracing1

Quote:
Issue is that place is fast, fast, fast and that wall is intimidating for newbies.
Thats why we LOVE it............Because it is FAST, FAST, FAST..........
Last edited by Rpracing1; 9/3/15 at 12:42 AM.

9/2/15, 11:13 PM   #20
jim goerge

Quote:
I was not aware they use to run weekly. I know of 5 first year sprint car drivers within 15 miles of my house. 2+ hours from TSS. Issue is that place is fast, fast, fast and that wall is intimidating for newbies. It's fine to try and run with faster drivers till you get driving over your talent level. "Mines low" and wad a car up, or worse yet take someone else out with you.
I totally understand and respect that even if others here don"t

2 members like this post: BrentTFunk, ryan84
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > TSS Sunday