IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Bubba USAC Night 1
2/16/18, 3:32 PM   #31
JohnnyWingo

They need a thread for Xanax on this site. Start handing it out..

1 member likes this post: racenut69
2/16/18, 4:36 PM   #32
motorhead748

It would surprize me that ANY track could have a decent surface after many consecutive nites running on it, especially Florida with as sandy as it is.

2 members like this post: fish, jim goerge
2/16/18, 5:15 PM   #33
Re: Bubba USAC Night 1

I don’t mean to be contrary, but you guys are complaining about a poster that has done the same that many of you have.

Please remember that I own and drive sprint cars. I have driven dirt and pavement, wing and non-winged. My Dad drove before I did. I have spent my life going to the races and yes, as far as a sprint car, non-winged dirt is my favorite. I’ve been to over 140 racetracks. I’ve raced at over 80.

Here is a guy who did nothing more than post his opinion. And maybe he was correct. Maybe he wasn’t. And maybe he was a bit more blunt then some of us would have liked. But at least he was at the races. Many of you have said a lot worse about winged racing and haven’t even been to the race. There’s one member of this site that it seems like every post he bashes winged racing, but confesses he hasn’t been to a race in years because there’s no non-winged racing in his area.

There’s another member that states he hates pavement racing because he went to a pavement race 30 years ago and didn’t like it.

There was just a post about NASCAR. Many of you stating how bad it was, but how many of you were there? Or have even ever been to a NASCAR race?

I’m not talking about watching it on TV. Television does not do any form of racing justice. You only see part of a race on TV. I’ve been to hundreds of races and never once have I said afterword’s, “Man, I wish I saw that on TV.” Most of the best racing happens back in the pack, an area TV misses many times.

So here’s my challenge to you guys (and girls). When you post a negative comment about any form of racing, you have to show your ticket stub (or wrist band). Let us who really care know you were there.

Tom Paterson

2/16/18, 5:31 PM   #34
opnwhlmnd

I wonder if the OP sought out a wing forum to complain on after he saw the bad wing night at Volusia? I'm guessing no.

Don't feel the trolls.

1 member likes this post: jim goerge
2/16/18, 5:56 PM   #35
Rpracing1

And just like that, "Poof" he gone!

2/16/18, 7:07 PM   #36
WinglessLovers

Race Count This Year: 19
Race Count Last Year: 85

We've have been to Bubba Raceway Park six times this year so far & last night was the worst by far. Don't know what happened but I will bet it will not be that bad the next two nights. Rubbered up pretty good one of the All Star nights last week also. Can't judge any division on one night of racing. Get real!!! If gentleman who started thread does come to East Bay tonight he will see what a terrible crowd really looks like. See all the true IOW'ers tomorrow at Bubba.

Bruce Eckel

2/16/18, 8:28 PM   #37
Backitin

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1121 View Post
I don’t mean to be contrary, but you guys are complaining about a poster that has done the same that many of you have.

Please remember that I own and drive sprint cars. I have driven dirt and pavement, wing and non-winged. My Dad drove before I did. I have spent my life going to the races and yes, as far as a sprint car, non-winged dirt is my favorite. I’ve been to over 140 racetracks. I’ve raced at over 80.

Here is a guy who did nothing more than post his opinion. And maybe he was correct. Maybe he wasn’t. And maybe he was a bit more blunt then some of us would have liked. But at least he was at the races. Many of you have said a lot worse about winged racing and haven’t even been to the race. There’s one member of this site that it seems like every post he bashes winged racing, but confesses he hasn’t been to a race in years because there’s no non-winged racing in his area.

There’s another member that states he hates pavement racing because he went to a pavement race 30 years ago and didn’t like it.

There was just a post about NASCAR. Many of you stating how bad it was, but how many of you were there? Or have even ever been to a NASCAR race?

I’m not talking about watching it on TV. Television does not do any form of racing justice. You only see part of a race on TV. I’ve been to hundreds of races and never once have I said afterword’s, “Man, I wish I saw that on TV.” Most of the best racing happens back in the pack, an area TV misses many times.

So here’s my challenge to you guys (and girls). When you post a negative comment about any form of racing, you have to show your ticket stub (or wrist band). Let us who really care know you were there.

Tom Paterson
This post is ridiculous if you are saying (which you are) that you have to be at a race in person to know that it sucked. Because some folks can sit thru anything and be entertained doesn't mean we are all simple in our likes and dislikes. If I think winged racing sucks why the hell would I go waste my money to spectate.
I wish I was so simple, hence simple to entertain.

2/16/18, 9:33 PM   #38
revjimk

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1121 View Post

Tom Paterson
"There’s another member that states he hates pavement racing because he went to a pavement race 30 years ago and didn’t like it."...
That could have been me. I never said that I "hated" pavement racing, just that I didn't care for it. There is only a finite amount of time & money in our lives, & I have other interests, no time to waste on things I don't enjoy. Anyone else likes pavement, fine with me, have your fun.
Actually, I went to TWO pavement races & it was over 40 years ago!
But I can understand your "booster" attitude towards all racing, just not my cup of tea....

1 member likes this post: oppweld
2/16/18, 9:37 PM   #39
revjimk

And the other thing is, HE STARTED IT! We were only playing defense vs. his insulting comments about wingless racing.
I like the winged cars too, have never put them down (as long as its on dirt!)

1 member likes this post: oppweld
2/16/18, 10:29 PM   #40

You misconstrued my words. A good race is almost always a good race. But sometimes a race that looks bad on TV is actually a good race that you may not be seeing because it’s not happening in the front.

Let me try to explain with a personal story. I was running in a race that was televised (tape delay) and I had to run the B-main. We’re a pretty poor team and we really needed the feature start money. The B-main, as most are, started straight up (fastest in the front) and the guy who started on the pole walked away with it. I started farther back and was in a race long battle for the last transfer spot. We ran side by side for most of the race and we actually swapped positions three times on the last lap. I finally prevailed with a slide underneath coming off the last corner of the last lap. We won the transfer spot by maybe a bumper.

Good race or bad race? I’d say it was a good race since several people came down out of the stands after the races and told me how exciting it was. Some told me I barely squeaked it out. Others said they thought for sure the other guy beat me.

Does it become a bad race if I tell you there was a wing on the car? I don’t think so

Does it become a bad race if I tell you it was also on pavement? I don’t think so.

But a couple of weeks later when it was on TV, when they showed the B-main, all they showed was the leader going round and round. A good race became a bad race.

Now I’m not saying you shouldn’t watch racing on TV. (I don’t need angry letters from Dave Argabright or Brad Doty). But I’m saying is that you can’t judge a racing series or genre by solely what you see on TV. And watching racing on TV is a lot better than watching old re-runs of Jake and the Fatman .

If that makes me simple, so be it. I’d rather be simple, happy and at the races then angry and on the couch.

Tom Paterson

Ps: Revjim, Did you mention you live in Colorado?

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Bubba USAC Night 1