IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Closed Thread
Dirtfan42 (Offline)
  #1 5/14/14 6:20 PM
I'm not trying to get anyone fired up just saying what I've heard. I've been hearing the racers are getting tired of follow the leader black slick conditions. And ruining a set of tires a night which should not be happening this time of year or at all if a track was prepped right. I've been to many tracks in Indiana and none got to black slick conditions after the heat races theres obviously something or a step that's not being done. I think if something doesn't get fixed with the track we may start losing teams and drivers to other tracks. So let's hope Joe Spiker does something different this weekend!!! And I've been to every race at LPS this year the first couple races track conditions were great and fans the last couple races are not impressed with follow the leader style!!!
SHORTBUS (Offline)
  #2 5/14/14 6:24 PM
Originally Posted by Dirtfan42:
I'm not trying to get anyone fired up just saying what I've heard. I've been hearing the racers are getting tired of follow the leader black slick conditions. And ruining a set of tires a night which should not be happening this time of year or at all if a track was prepped right. I've been to many tracks in Indiana and none got to black slick conditions after the heat races theres obviously something or a step that's not being done. I think if something doesn't get fixed with the track we may start losing teams and drivers to other tracks. So let's hope Joe Spiker does something different this weekend!!! And I've been to every race at LPS this year the first couple races track conditions were great and fans the last couple races are not impressed with follow the leader style!!!
booooooo
4 Likes: big3131, dshort36, jim goerge, mowerman
mowerman (Offline)
  #3 5/14/14 6:27 PM
Originally Posted by Dirtfan42:
Speak for yourself . I was there and thought it was a real good race .
2 Likes: big3131, jim goerge
Dirtfan42 (Offline)
  #4 5/14/14 6:28 PM
Again not trying to get people all fired up just simply stating what I've heard from both sides of the perspective!!!
Charles Nungester (Offline)
  #5 5/14/14 6:43 PM
Its Joe Spikers Birthday, Could you come back tomorrow?

Charles Nungester
4 Likes: cope42, Edwards44, PJ Wright, SHORTBUS
kcarm92 (Offline)
  #6 5/14/14 6:51 PM
really what night has been follow the leader i draw like crap and start in the back of most heat races and have been able to make a transfer spot and almost all features have gone right down to the end if your talkin about sprint features maybe short has it figured out just sayin.would you rather have it heavy and rough because thats useally what happens if they water it to much
9 Likes: agar, davidm, fish, Hotshoe65s, jim goerge, Midget 89, mowerman, Panama, TSN Motorsports
Hotshoe65s (Offline)
  #7 5/14/14 6:53 PM
It is pretty simple if you ask me. If you want cars in the pits then keep the track exactly like it has been, dry and slick. It allows for better passing and it's easier on equipment.
The hammer down, banging the cushion, heavy stuff is all great for the fans. But for the drivers that just means one lane, hard on equipment, and a rough night.
And I'm not just some fan that sits in the stands. I've been racing there this year and have really thought the track was great. There was one week it was a little overwatered, but I think that's just because the weather went to overcast about 4:30.
Drivers will support a track that is dry slick, and is consistently prepped the same each week. If they start overwatering it then I guarantee the cars start going other places. I for one cannot replace ball joints and body panels each week because of a rough track.
But thankfully LPS has been great this year. Keep up the great work LPS crew, and have a happy birthday Joe!
6 Likes: davidm, jim goerge, kcarm92, Midget 89, mowerman, TSN Motorsports
Dirtfan42 (Offline)
  #8 5/14/14 6:58 PM
Everyone is entitled to there opinions I don't think a heavy bang off the cushion type of track there talking about I think just one that doesn't get black slick after heat races. Again just simply posting what has been heard.
Andrew S. Quinn (Offline)
  #9 5/14/14 7:06 PM
Wow,just sign up today for 3 posts on the same subject,although not trying to stir anything up....
8 Likes: agar, davidm, jim goerge, kcarm92, mowerman, Mud Packer, Pat O'Connor Fan, PJ Wright
Gregg (Offline)
  #10 5/14/14 7:14 PM
Originally Posted by kcarm92:
really what night has been follow the leader i draw like crap and start in the back of most heat races and have been able to make a transfer spot and almost all features have gone right down to the end if your talkin about sprint features maybe short has it figured out just sayin.would you rather have it heavy and rough because thats useally what happens if they water it to much
Kenny, maybe you should complain about the crappy pill draw LPs always has since everyone like to complain about things.
2 Likes: dirt330, jim goerge
Closed Thread