IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Speedmax3 (Offline)
  #11 7/20/18 12:39 PM
Just looked at accuweather radar. Line of rain and thunderstorms at Illinois, Indiana line now. It says rain will be in Plymouth in just over an hour so we will just have to wait and see what they get and if more comes behind this one.
PIT CART (Offline)
  #12 7/20/18 12:41 PM
Anybody at the track, is the camping area getting full? Really getting the itch to head over.
Indy1808 (Offline)
  #13 7/20/18 12:51 PM
Originally Posted by PIT CART:
I pulled the plug on going this morning. I hope I am wrong but the weather doesn't look good. I do feel sorry for the people that travel 500 miles for sprint week.
I did the same, will drive to Kokomo if it happens. The Latest I have seen is, the front moves through their area about 2pm & sets in through the night and next day which could possibly wash Kokomo?
Of course, I’m not meteorologist but I did go ahead and cancel rooms. If that all happens perhaps Kokomo will do a Monday make up as in the past. When you are driving 3-3 & 1/2 hours away you can’t risk 80-100% wetness.
With forecasts of 40%, 50% even more I have ventured onward to the track. I'm just not independently wealthy, as others. So I will stay here and work.

Peace & love to all.
God bless our Troops at home and abroad.
INDY1808 SEE YOU AT THE RACES !
"Sitting in the Stands " #noteamracing
2 Likes: luckybuc97, racer-x
Nate (Offline)
  #14 7/20/18 2:01 PM
Plymouth is getting hit and currently under a tornado warning so...

Nate Bickel - @natefb22
PIT CART (Offline)
  #15 7/20/18 2:08 PM
But will it blow over and clear up. I am 2 hours away, can be hooked up to the camper in 20 and be there by 5 easy.
Jerry Shaw (Offline)
  #16 7/20/18 2:28 PM
Latest update:

"2:15pm update: a storm cell has passed through. Officials are currently taking a look at the track conditions. Tonight's race is still ON"

This was from USAC, not David Mitchell.

Jerry

A man is about as big as the things that make him angry.

Winston Churchill
8 Likes: dirt330, i love dirt track racing, jim goerge, Mrs G, PJ Wright, racinrich, TQ29m, wildman92
david mitchell (Offline)
  #17 7/20/18 2:32 PM
😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂I think I will opt for Speedshift tv.If it is run.
RacinBabe (Offline)
  #18 7/20/18 2:37 PM
Always a safe bet to watch on TV from your Mom’s basement 😆

Kelly
15 Likes: captrat, Charles Nungester, dirt330, fish, jim goerge, luckybuc97, Mrs G, racinrich, Rich Mersereau, robert gatten, ROSS, smooth, tdt636, TQ29m, wildman92
racer-x (Offline)
  #19 7/20/18 3:01 PM
Originally Posted by RacinBabe:
Always a safe bet to watch on TV from your Mon’s basement 😆
I’m heading that way.. It has rained a few times west of the track but not enough to stop a ISW Fan!!
5 Likes: dirt330, i love dirt track racing, PIT CART, racinrich, wildman92
tdt636 (Offline)
  #20 7/20/18 3:34 PM
Originally Posted by RacinBabe:
Always a safe bet to watch on TV from your Mom’s basement 😆
Post of the month so far😂🤣
9 Likes: Charles Nungester, i love dirt track racing, jim goerge, RacinBabe, racinrich, superstock30, The Old Coyote, tirespinner, wildman92