IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Briscoe!
7/18/18, 11:13 PM   #1
Briscoe!
Rpracing1

Congrats go out to Chase Briscoe on his Eldora Truck Victory!

7/18/18, 11:19 PM   #2
Re: Briscoe!
nathans1012

Race Count This Year: 7
Race Count Last Year: 34

The finish was pretty darn good.

5 members like this post: BrentTFunk, cj02, PJ Wright, RadRacer, tirespinner
7/18/18, 11:26 PM   #3
Vertigo

Great finish. Great to see a true Indiana Open Wheel driver win this race. Nice to see Tracy Hines back in victory lane at Eldora too.

7/18/18, 11:28 PM   #4
Rpracing1

Also shoutout to Rusty Shields who belted out another fantastic National Anthem. See this guy do it all over Indiana Dirt Tracks!

7/18/18, 11:31 PM   #5
ISF

No question it was a great finish and huge congrats to Chase Briscoe.

I just wish they'd stop counting yellow flag laps with 25 to go similar to how they do it with Silver Crown on the 1/2 miles.

Huge shout out to Logan Seavey! He looked as good as anyone out there and he'd never turned a lap at Eldora prior to the first practice. Without that caution he'd have won that deal.

7/18/18, 11:37 PM   #6
Jerry Shaw

That was a great finish and an impressive, methodical race ran by the winner. I've been lucky enough to watch him win 2 races this week. In 2 types of race vehicles that couldn't be any more different. And on 2 tracks that are absolutely nothing alike.

Jerry

Winston Churchill

7/18/18, 11:54 PM   #7
ISF

It sure would make for a touch of drama and vast fodder for racing message boards if Friesen would ever win the truck race at Eldora. I was pulling for Seavey and/or Briscoe but a Friesen victory would certainly have made watching the trophy presentation a must see!

2 members like this post: Kansasdirtfan, luckybuc97
7/19/18, 12:04 AM   #8
Chase Hightower

Easily the best NASCAR race of the year in my opinion! The only thing close was when the trucks raced at IRP.... which I thought was the best race of brickyard weekend with the exception of when Silver Crown was part of it and going really good on pavement. The truck series is the best race of any NASCAR weekend anywhere. Shorter races, they run hard, and can’t play a bunch of strategy BS. If the series doesn’t wake up (NASCAR) and bring in more diverse racing, they will also fail. Just my opinion. But, it can’t be disputed that 8,000 people in a 80,000 capacity facility won’t work for long. That’s being very kind, it’s much worse I would bet. My numbers are simply guesses, but ther are 4 times more empty seats than filled at cup races. Pretty sure Eldora has more asses in the stands than several cup races do.

4 members like this post: Kinser11, MilfordSprintFan, racenut69, Speedmax3
7/19/18, 3:31 AM   #9
Blackduce

I thought Windom was working to win until engine would not and could not rev past 5,000 rpm. Before that he worked his way to 2nd. Two different times and road there. And the leader was in grasp. Smart racer.

Lynn

7/19/18, 8:15 AM   #10
hoosier race fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chase Hightower View Post
Easily the best NASCAR race of the year in my opinion! The only thing close was when the trucks raced at IRP.... which I thought was the best race of brickyard weekend with the exception of when Silver Crown was part of it and going really good on pavement. The truck series is the best race of any NASCAR weekend anywhere. Shorter races, they run hard, and can’t play a bunch of strategy BS. If the series doesn’t wake up (NASCAR) and bring in more diverse racing, they will also fail. Just my opinion. But, it can’t be disputed that 8,000 people in a 80,000 capacity facility won’t work for long. That’s being very kind, it’s much worse I would bet. My numbers are simply guesses, but ther are 4 times more empty seats than filled at cup races. Pretty sure Eldora has more asses in the stands than several cup races do.
NASCAR is in their “ALL IS WELL!” mode with respect to their race attendance and tv ratings. The truck race was very entertaining, as it often is, but especially on a dirt short track. I did notice that the crowd was down a little bit last night. Hopefully their media department will publicize the hell out of that race and finish to help keep interest strong. Until Eldora is owned by ISC or Bruton Smith, there will never be a cup race there. Just ask the owners of Iowa Speedway.

NASCAR (in cooperation with IMS) screwed the pooch when they took the trucks and Xfinity series (I still refer to it as grand national series) away from IRP. They needed to add the cup series to the races they already had there if they want a great race at the cup level. Never going to happen in the shadow of IMS, and they would never run both, but even Larson talked on the broadcast about how entertaining the races were at IRP.

2 members like this post: dirt330, EBookerFan
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Briscoe!