IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Thoughts on ISW, LPS and USAC
7/23/12, 2:11 AM   #11
treecitytornado

Well it sounds like Joe did all he could do then. It's not always exactly what you want. Most of the time when I've raced there the track has held some moisture for most of the night. Can't wait to be back and run again in September, the moisture will be there then. I still remember running the double features last October, that was awesome!

Posted via Mobile Device

1 member likes this post: speed bump
7/23/12, 6:58 AM   #12
Re: Thoughts on ISW, LPS and USAC
racenut69

People actually complained about Tri-State???? WTH! That was the best $25 I've spent on racing this year..You have to wonder if they are real race fans. Thanks to Tom,Lois and crew for a fantastic show and for having one of the fan-friendliest racetracks around...JMHO..You gotta love a race car that puts the RR tire in the corner B4 the RF.Clauson put on a show and "The Cowboy" did the same in the B-Main.
Last edited by racenut69; 7/23/12 at 7:01 AM.

7 members like this post: billwill, ByronMack, cmakin, flatout18, jim goerge, Morgan7m, rdzsprint
7/23/12, 7:15 AM   #13
terrell854

The track last night was awful you couldn't even see the cars its the worst I have seen all year

Posted via Mobile Device

7/23/12, 7:28 AM   #14
Eagle14

I mean I saw the dust through our dust at Lebanon Valley in New York with the Outlaws! Gaaaaawd!!! I mean sheeeesh! Anyone want some French Cries with their Whaaaburger? Maybe a Whinhekin? LoL

Thanks to all those who updated us who couldn't be there!

Posted via Mobile Device

3 members like this post: boomer, dirtfan98, the_77H
7/23/12, 7:39 AM   #15
Hubie

By nature I am a pretty critical person

With as dry as it had been, it appeared to this racefan that the Lincoln Park Speedway was indeed dusty but provided a decent surface. The crews, especially the fast guys (and this field is DEEP in great cars, crews and drivers) had it figured out.

We have had record heat, record drought, and I expected a really crummy sprint week.

Bravo to all involved for pulling this out of the fire. An excellent week of racing.

Hubie

7/23/12, 7:48 AM   #16
flatout18

Race Count This Year: 7
Race Count Last Year: 46

Some passing last night. It's just too bad that the final race had to happen there. I would have rather seen an epic points battle finish at a place where someone would be capable of starting tail and running to the front in 11 laps.

All in all a good Sprint Week. Met lots of new people and had loads of fun along the way. Thanks for an enjoyable vacation

2 members like this post: i love dirt track racing, jim goerge
7/23/12, 7:51 AM   #17
Wallsracing

Race Count This Year: 54
Race Count Last Year: 37

Both usac shows at lps were terrible...dusty dirty hard slick .midget week and sprintweek....

1 member likes this post: billw
7/23/12, 8:05 AM   #18
kstudley57

It was such a horrible show that people were standing, shouting, and cheering the last 5 laps about how crappy it was. As a complete display of protest they stayed until the checkers fell instead of leaving with 10 to go and cheered for the cool down laps. That huge crowd really hated that side by side crap. :-)

Great race, the track was what it was but a great night. Thanks LPS and all the sprint week tracks, teams, and USAC.

7/23/12, 8:18 AM   #19
ThePurple73

Sure, it was dusty. Sure, there are scoring issues. Sure, people get mad. Sure, it was hot. Sure, there was great racing. Sure, a lot of effort by teams to go all out and win and get cars back on the track. Sure, some folks marveled at seeing this type of racing for the first time. Sure, a ton of folks had a good time.

For me I got my tenderloin fix (don't have them where I live), was able to sit in the hot sun in the afternoon and talk basketball and racing with good folks from Indiana and many other places. Going to open wheel sprint car racing is one of my favorite things. I've been going a long time and plan on it for years to come! I wouldn't change a thing.

If I could change something it would be a way to pay these Drivers what they deserve for all the enjoyment we get.
Last edited by ThePurple73; 7/23/12 at 8:20 AM.

7/23/12, 11:12 AM   #20
coondog

As far as scoring goes, a lot people don't realize the entire field has to complete the lap for that lap to count. At a short track like Lincoln Park when cars almost all around the track, it may seem like the leaders made a lap. As far as when you're driving, it's hard to know if a lap is completed. You could pass someone off 4 and lead across line, be in 3 again and yellow come out and have to give position back. I would like to see USAC use the "split yellow" as some call it. If the leader and one or two other cars (can be lapped cars) pass the flag stand, that lap is completed.

Posted via Mobile Device

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Thoughts on ISW, LPS and USAC