IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Avon Open Wheel fan (Offline)
  #1 1/16/18 11:17 AM
Got this off their Facebook page and also have talked with them. They are seriously looking at some Midget racing here and maybe at Kickapoo Speedway. One other note they are switching to Friday nights this season which could maybe result in two nights for midgets to race in Indiana.

We are looking to run some National Midget races with our Friday Night schedule. I have spoke with a few drivers, but would like to hear from a few more drivers.

Tag any Midget drivers you know. We are waiting for Montpelier’s schedule to come out. Kokomo finally posted theirs tonight.

https://m.facebook.com/DaughertySpeedway

Jay Tinder
Media and Competition Director
ILLINI Midgets

www.illinimidgets.com
4 Likes: Chris Baue, dirtball, dirtnonwingfan, WinglessLovers
dirtnonwingfan (Offline)
  #2 1/16/18 12:21 PM
I hope they do this. I much prefer driving the 200+ miles for two or three nights of racing rather than just Kokomo, although I will do it just for Kokomo. I would really like to see more midget racing in Indiana, also.

Frank Daigh
4 Likes: jim goerge, Josh Spencer, oppweld, WinglessLovers
trannyman (Offline)
  #3 1/17/18 8:42 PM
We are putting finishing touches on a D2 midget.not sure if they intend on including D2,or not. We're planning on running where we can,preferably in In. We would definitely be interested in another venue to run.
old timer (Offline)
  #4 1/17/18 8:55 PM
Off subject but are they going to run sprints?
  #5 1/17/18 8:58 PM
I know right now they are just in the early stages and have been looking at the Montpeilier format along with some other ideas.

Jay Tinder
ILLINI Midgets

www.illinimidgets.com
  #6 1/17/18 11:04 PM
Yes MSCS Sprints and vintage sprint cars will be there this year.

http://daughertyspeedway.com/schedule

Jay Tinder
ILLINI Midgets

www.illinimidgets.com