IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Dave Despain
1/14/18, 3:20 PM   #1
Dave Despain
Therealether

Anyone else think Dave looked kind of I'll last night. Seemed to me to be very gaunt, unhealthy looking. 😯

1/14/18, 4:11 PM   #2
Re: Dave Despain
dkdorkboy

Race Count This Year: 37
Race Count Last Year: 52

I shook his hand at the track.He looked like he was aging just like everyone else does.

4 members like this post: Charles Nungester, jim goerge, luckybuc97, turn4
1/14/18, 6:24 PM   #3
staggerman

Big hearts and a whole lotta horsepower- loved his intro into Thursday Night Thunder. Enjoy retirement Dave

1/14/18, 8:34 PM   #4
Jonr

I have not watched his MAV show so the last time I saw him was probably on TV was last years chili bowl. I thought he had aged a lot as well. Of course, it was just a drop in interview. If he was to host it, I am sure the miracle of TV make up would have made him look different. I will trust the person who saw him in real life.

1/14/18, 8:56 PM   #5
popham

I was ten foot away from him last night, as I was also close last year. Not seeing him on tv for a year, he has changed some. But everyone does, and his changes made me wonder also.

1/14/18, 11:17 PM   #6
trackprep

Race Count This Year: 53

we did a Facebook live interview with Dave last night for our watch party at our racetrack. When we asked to do it with him he was very gracious and happy to do it. Then when we told him where it was he remembered racing motorcycles there when he was younger. He also told us in good detail about the track. Still a very fine man

7 members like this post: Bobv, davidm, EBookerFan, jim goerge, spicoli, Tom23, turn4
1/15/18, 8:25 AM   #7
Backitin

Maybe just tired of saying the same thing. Everybody is a excellent driver, all the cars are great and every race is great. Great, great, great. I'd be exhausted too, trying to come up with all the accolades they have to in order to kill time.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Dave Despain