IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > 2018 Bloomington Speedway Schedule
1/15/18, 5:06 PM   #11
Re: 2018 Bloomington Speedway Schedule
brsteg

Race Count This Year: 8
Race Count Last Year: 43

But, I must say; I only make it to Bloomington 1-3 times a year. So I'm not necassarily who they have to worry about. But I know this more greatly limits my options of races to go to at the track now. 5/17 (or whatever) automatically a no go. Then throw in weather and who knows.

1/15/18, 5:10 PM   #12
brsteg

Race Count This Year: 8
Race Count Last Year: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by brsteg View Post
A schedule like this could in theory lead to a schedule like Gas City if the fans all skip out on the weekends without a true headline class.
(To me there are only 3 headline classes 410 Sprints and 410 Winged and super late models. Everything else is a stepping stone and a support class. I just have no interest in going to an event where support classes are the only classes. I seem to not be alone)
Now I'm just talking to myself BUT... This is indeed worst case but not an impossibility.

It's easy to beat up the schedule maker. But it's about balance and weighing risks. I think not running 410's is a bigger risk than they are thinking. It probably seems safe since the bulk of their payout is off the night's card.
But 410's is what brings the people; and further more non-410 nights are not a ticket price reduction of any kind. This seems to be what they have chosen to go with; we'll see if it works.

I hope to be at atleast 3 this year (USAC, ISW, Burton Memorial) and maybe a 4th for some random weekly show with 410's.

1/15/18, 6:06 PM   #13
SPD 37

I’d like to see racing into Sept/Oct I know you are competing with high school football, but maybe look at some Sunday afternoon racing. I remember the Sunday afternoon sprint and midgets at Bloomington were pretty good!!! If the weather cooperates I’m sure people would go!!

2 members like this post: Dirtfan, superstock30
1/15/18, 6:44 PM   #14
wildman92

Race Count This Year: 50

What’s really important here is the opportunity to have ice cream for 18 Fridays. Perspective people... 😜

1/15/18, 8:28 PM   #15
hoosier race fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by brsteg View Post
A schedule like this could in theory lead to a schedule like Gas City if the fans all skip out on the weekends without a true headline class.
(To me there are only 3 headline classes 410 Sprints and 410 Winged and super late models. Everything else is a stepping stone and a support class. I just have no interest in going to an event where support classes are the only classes. I seem to not be alone)
I would agree with those 3 as headline classes. I don’t have a problem with shows that don’t have one of those headline classes, especially if they have a special event at another area track on the same night. The part I think is garbage is charging the same admission price of $15 for a show that doesn’t have a headline class. Those shows should be $10 or $12 at the most. I understand tracks are businesses and they are trying to do what they need to in order to turn a profit, but they better keep in mind that consumers are making decisions about how to spend their money also. Don’t expect people to blindly pay the same to get less. And that’s not the fault of social media, that is economics and common sense.

1/15/18, 9:16 PM   #16
addictedtodirt

With Illinois being an hour behind Indiana, I find it easy to get to a 410 show when Bloomington runs something different. WAR has a pretty good presence there and POWRi midgets are also an option on some weekends. Nothing against Bloomington, I just go where I get the best bang for my buck.

1 member likes this post: stealth43k
1/15/18, 9:33 PM   #17
fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by PIT CART View Post
I wish Gas City had a schedule like Bloomington! Be thankful for what you have.
Amen!

1 member likes this post: Paul Westfall
1/15/18, 9:37 PM   #18
flagboy55

I would toss in USAC National Midgets as a headliner as well, in my book anyway.
Last edited by flagboy55; 1/15/18 at 9:38 PM.

3 members like this post: jim goerge, Kydehart, nathans1012
1/15/18, 11:44 PM   #19
hoosier race fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by flagboy55 View Post
I would toss in USAC National Midgets as a headliner as well, in my book anyway.
I would agree, but I think the original post was referencing a weekly class of one of those 3 to be a headliner. The national midget series could certainly headline a special event at most tracks. Not many run midgets as a weekly headliner though.

2 members like this post: brsteg, jim goerge
4/1/18, 9:36 AM   #20
Built-N-Stagger

410 sprints race on June 22nd, then for the next 10 Fridays to the end of the schedule, there are only “3” 410 races, not including any rainouts or rescheduled races.

I only go to Bloomington to see 410 non wing sprints.

Not bitchin, just makes me sad.

1 member likes this post: jim goerge
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > 2018 Bloomington Speedway Schedule