IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Extra Race Day Added CB '19
1/14/18, 11:10 AM   #21
Re: Extra Race Day Added CB '19
jdull99

It's gota hit it's peak at some point. All forms of racing may benefit as the economy is back up though, and maybe car counts everywhere will all increase. I've just heard from many people the event is no longer really "for them" (in so many words) & it does make you sad (especially when you consider some names that have competed in the event from almost the very start...maybe if the purse was higher years ago - like when the rental craze started - car owners could put championship legend racers in their cars, instead of relying on thousands of dollars rental money? ...Just a thought). For everything that is said about the promoters expenses (which I understand) you can say the same though about preparing & transporting a car, having and housing a crew, & all the expenses it takes for every team that doesn't have manufacturer support, a corporate sponsor, a big check from paid driver, etc. It's just that simple. But considering everything, I do applaud the current promoter team for their decision - so I've heard anyway - next year's practice will at least by on Monday, so all can recognize they are giving up a day of pit pass fees (instead of having it on Sunday).
Steel$ & Deal$ Swap Meet & Car Shows (next location; TBD...)
Last edited by jdull99; 1/14/18 at 11:12 AM.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Extra Race Day Added CB '19