IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Chili Bowl Patriotism
1/17/17, 11:27 AM   #1
Chili Bowl Patriotism
Jack Dupp

I was extremely proud of the patriotism shown at the Chili Bowl. The entire building is a raucous, loud, excited, distracted human organism. When the Star Spangled Banner began the crowd fell silent, the impact wrenches stilled, people stopped to face our flag and hands covered hearts. When the brilliant performers finished our national anthem, then came the loudest applause of the evening. And no one "took a knee".

1/17/17, 2:01 PM   #2
Re: Chili Bowl Patriotism
chathamracefan

I would echo that & also add that I thought the tributes they did for BC on Friday and Lanny Edwards on Saturday were extremely well done as covered on the Racin Boys broadcast.

1/17/17, 4:58 PM   #3
Dirteater

No disrespect to the ladies that sang on Wed-Friday. But the guy that whistled the national anthem on Tues, he could've done the next 3 days also. 🇺🇸🇺🇸

1/14/18, 4:39 PM   #4
Whistler

Thank you! Just stumbled on this and it made my day. I hope you caught this years perfomance too?
~Whistler

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Chili Bowl Patriotism