IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
robert gatten (Offline)
  #1 8/15/13 7:30 PM
I understand Gas city will not let Jackslash shoot videos for the web site OR for the TV coverage ! What better way to promote sprint car racing and your race track than to have it on national tv ? Been told gas city says it will hurt their attendance so no filming. Why not let them film with the understanding of a time limit of when it can be aired. You got to wonder about track marketing when you bar videoing all events. Some of the best racing in Indiana is being kept secret from everyone except the residence of the area.
6 Likes: BrandonT30, cjaxx1987, i love dirt track racing, jim goerge, luckybuc97, speed bump
PIT CART (Offline)
  #2 8/15/13 8:48 PM
I agree the track has been perfect all season. Very fast with multiple grooves.

Posted via Mobile Device
BrandonT30 (Offline)
  #3 8/15/13 9:04 PM
I see videos of Gas City online every week maybe its a conflict of intrest with the guy that has been recording races out there for years who knows it seems crazy for them to believe attendance is down over videos seen on Jack Slash. I can't afford to go every weekend and I do watch the videos when I can't make it to the track but it isn't the reason I don't go. If anything his videos help create intrest in racing all over Indiana.
5JMOFFATTFAN! (Offline)
  #4 8/15/13 9:32 PM
Pretty sure I watched the gas city kiss show on Mav ...?

Posted via Mobile Device
Charles Nungester (Online)
  #5 8/15/13 9:50 PM
reason attendance is down is the non existent support classes, Has nothing to do with Jackslash. Another track in the area is putting on pretty good shows. Not same nighty but for the once a week fan or team, it is a choice.

Charles Nungester
koolaid89 (Offline)
  #6 8/16/13 3:38 AM
Stuck on stuuuuuuuuuuupid.
goodnight39 (Offline)
  #7 8/16/13 10:19 AM
Not to mention the fact that it is hurting the teams weather it be sprint cars or street stocks or any other cars. Gas City is having a hard time grasping the fact that the stickers on all of the cars is not a way to make them look good, they are companies and people that are supporting local racing. Not once this year have I heard the announcers say anything about the sponsors that are on the cars, but boy do they plug those billboard sponsors and make cheesy annoying jokes about the flagman (when this time could have been used to talk about the car sponsors). This has become a dissapointing practice that needs to be fixed. They may say that fans dont care about hearing the sponsors on the cars, but there may be that one person in the stands that is in the market for a particular service or product that sponsors a car. They go out on monday purchase the product or service, and tell them they heard about them at their local dirt track. you have now justified the sponsors dollars, and make it easier for the team to approach the sponsor next year for help, because the sponsorship did what it was intended to do.

Now the TV argument can be had for days on wheather it hurts the grandstands or not, the way i look at it everyone is capable of filming the race with today's technology. So why not let the professional do it. Sean Buckley is an artest with what he does, and from what i can see the only guy making any kind of effort to spread the news about this cool little thing in Indiana called non-wing sprint cars. with that being said, if you allow the video taping and broadcasting of races, you have now made it easier for teams to approach potential sponsors, you have given these teams an ace in the hole by allowing them to say "oh and by the way we will be on national TV twentysomthing times this year". Take the cost of advertising a 30 sec. commercial spot on national TV for a year vs the price to sponsor a car for a year, and i would say that it would be pretty close $$$ wise.

Gas City is beginning to put off the feeling that it is a one sided business relationship between themselves and the race teams. if we dont have a place to put on a show we lose, and if they dont have a show to put on for fans loose. for example there is absolutly no reason to run a b main for 23 cars, when the track does this they are wasting the teams money, i understand that b main time will get a few more hot dogs and beers sold. if you dont have enough cars to justify running a b main, then get a clown or somthing to entertain the fans in the time that the b's would normally be ran JK. but to run a b to send two or three guys home is obsurd. i feel like if they would just tweek on the program and open their minds a little bit to new ideas and technology, gas city could become the premeir friday night track. I feel a lot of the decisions made there are not totally up to them, car owners and teams should be consulted on certin things, such as annoucers, when to run a b main or not, weather filming should be allowed. i understand it is their track, but there wont be a need for a track if they do not keep the racers happy, and feeling like their opinion's matter. Besides, it is no secret most car owners own a business themselves and are successful at it, they have a mountain of busniess savy people in their pits every friday night why not tap into that and get some help. when the grandstands and car counts are shrinking like they are, it is time to make some adjustments to the way things are done. I look at the for sale sign that is haning up at the enternce every friday night and have fear that i will have to find a new HOMETRACK one day.

$0.02
Matt Goodnight
7 Likes: cjaxx1987, JARRETT29, jim goerge, koolaid89, Shawn Harper, speed bump, Speedracer
Danny Williams Sr. (Offline)
  #8 8/16/13 11:05 AM
Goodnight

Have you voiced your concerns face to face with the folks you have bashed in your post?

I know you have never said one word to me about any of your concerns.

Isn't it easy to sit back on your big a## and whine instead of facing the people you have a problem with and discussing your concerns in a polite conversation to try and solve the problems?

Danny Williams Sr.
Cheesy Gas City Announcer
#1Brad Kuhn Fan (Offline)
  #9 8/16/13 11:17 AM
Originally Posted by Danny Williams Sr.:
Goodnight

Have you voiced your concerns face to face with the folks you have bashed in your post?

I know you have never said one word to me about any of your concerns.

Isn't it easy to sit back on your big a## and whine instead of facing the people you have a problem with and discussing your concerns in a polite conversation to try and solve the problems?

Danny Williams Sr.
Cheesy Gas City Announcer
Hmmm.... bashing a racer whom have supported the track you announce at for years... not a good idea when the car count is already in the lower 20's

Posted via Mobile Device
6 Likes: cjaxx1987, jim goerge, koolaid89, speed bump, Speedracer, wideopen24
goodnight39 (Offline)
  #10 8/16/13 1:19 PM
Mr. Williams I recall having a conversation with you last year at one of the first races that i had gotten a new sponsor, and asked that anytime you announce anything to do with me or my car to not worry about our business or any other name on my car but that one. you said no problem. you have yet to announce their name, and put me in an tough position with them when he and his wife have attended races and asked why their business was not announced. also i am not the type of person to get on here and get personal there is no room for it on here. i will be glad to discuss this with you in person anytime i am the overweight driver of the Lumber and things, Pallet Builders Inc, Quality Pallet LLC, Devoe Chevy, Bailey's Cleaners, Stevens carpet care and restoration, simpson race products, advanced racing suspensions, Claxton Powered Chevy, DRC Chassis #39 (that wasnt so hard was it). we are there almost every friday. a word of advice to you though bring your manners because i do not tollerate rude overweight announcers.
3 Likes: JARRETT29, koolaid89, Micro 11