IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > silvercrown meating
1/18/08, 9:51 PM   #1
silvercrown meating
bill

Just heard from someone that attended the meating everything was very upbeat. OLD cars are not comming back,going to change the look of the cars nose first then sidepods,23or24 cars are out their some just need a little help to run their 2nd cars, USAC is really trying to get the whole program moving forward. The past is not the direction to go we must all move forward was most all the owners position.

1/18/08, 9:58 PM   #2
Re: silvercrown meating
Dwight Clock

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill View Post
Just heard from someone that attended the meating everything was very upbeat. OLD cars are not comming back,going to change the look of the cars nose first then sidepods,23or24 cars are out their some just need a little help to run their 2nd cars, USAC is really trying to get the whole program moving forward. The past is not the direction to go we must all move forward was most all the owners position.
If they are not going to bring back the old cars for the shorter tracks then attempting to make the New Generation cars more eye appealling is a good step. Now we await the '08 schedule which Kevin Miller has indicated will be out in February.:thumb:

1/18/08, 10:17 PM   #3
bill

From what I herd the new look is much more apealing the cars with the higher tail shells will be lowered ,they will have a much sleeker look Kevin and Jason are really taking a beating for former things that were done,But both of them are very very upfront with what they are going to get done.And are not going to do anything as status quo. I for one am very excited about their new vision for this series.

1/18/08, 10:31 PM   #4
Mud Packer

Race Count Last Year: 59

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill View Post
Where does this leave an owner with one of the old pavement cars. Up **** creek without a paddle?:headbang: Obviously PRA is finished so either they pony up the money and buy a new car or stay home. Another question? Was this meeting for only the new generation car owners or did it include all Silver Crown car owners? Inquiring minds want to know.:kookoo2:

1/18/08, 10:34 PM   #5
Bubzilla

Bill, thanks for providing the report and also offering a positive attitude for the future.

Rather than bash them, (it is my sole opinion) that fans should embrace the future of this part of the division.

1/18/08, 10:46 PM   #6
dirtywhiteboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubzilla View Post
Bill, thanks for providing the report and also offering a positive attitude for the future.

Rather than bash them, (it is my sole opinion) that fans should embrace the future of this part of the division.
Embrace a series that now has alot of PO'd car owners that have museum pieces that can't be run anywhere?

Hardly. yet again USAC has sacrificed the core of their club for the "betterment" of the series. These cars will haveto go on that Extreme Makeover show to ever make them look better.

Some fans like me will never accept these crapwagons USAC is pawning off as pavement Silver Crown cars.

I still say convert the now defunct PRA/old USAC pavement cars to dirt cars and bring all of them to the dirt shows. It would be nice to see a dirt race outnumber the pavement crap wagons 2 to 1.

1/18/08, 10:52 PM   #7
Jerry Spencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtywhiteboy View Post
Embrace a series that now has alot of PO'd car owners that have museum pieces that can't be run anywhere?

Hardly. yet again USAC has sacrificed the core of their club for the "betterment" of the series. These cars will haveto go on that Extreme Makeover show to ever make them look better.

Some fans like me will never accept these crapwagons USAC is pawning off as pavement Silver Crown cars.

I still say convert the now defunct PRA/old USAC pavement cars to dirt cars and bring all of them to the dirt shows. It would be nice to see a dirt race outnumber the pavement crap wagons 2 to 1.
:respect: You are not alone in the way you look at things.

Jerry

1/18/08, 11:01 PM   #8
NJDMONEY

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtywhiteboy View Post

Knew it wouldn't take long....

1/19/08, 1:01 AM   #9
miledirt

If they can 22-24 cars on the big tracks...

And keep around 40 at the dirt miles...

I'm all in. Looking forward to growth and a new season!

1/19/08, 10:01 AM   #10
dirtywhiteboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJDMONEY View Post
Knew it wouldn't take long....

Oh hush.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > silvercrown meating