IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Tony Barhorst and your officiating crew!
1/3/11, 8:38 AM   #1
Tony Barhorst and your officiating crew!
wright59

You are the absolute worst group that I have ever seen officiate a race in my life. While beating and banging is the norm for the rumble, The 600 feature when you gave the yellow #3 his spot back 5 times in the race when he spun un-assisted everytime the guy Janisch put heat on him, he got his spot back. It ruined the race for many drivers and fans. This happened time after time after time and was truly a joke. Pathetic job of officiating. At least the midgets were given time to line back up properly. This probably explains the number of dwindeling fans every year since you took over.

1/3/11, 8:52 AM   #2
Tony Barhorst and your Officiating crew!.....
AustinSprinter

Race Count This Year: (22)
Race Count Last Year: (29)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wright59 View Post
You are the absolute worst group that I have ever seen officiate a race in my life. While beating and banging is the norm for the rumble, The 600 feature when you gave the yellow #3 his spot back 5 times in the race when he spun un-assisted everytime the guy Janisch put heat on him, he got his spot back. It ruined the race for many drivers and fans. This happened time after time after time and was truly a joke. Pathetic job of officiating. At least the midgets were given time to line back up properly. This probably explains the number of dwindeling fans every year since you took over.
Ouch!!....could just very well be... point well made here!!......

1 member likes this post: wright59
1/3/11, 9:56 AM   #3
Re: Tony Barhorst and your Officiating crew!.
racefan20

Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinSprinter View Post
Ouch!!....could just very well be... point well made here!!......
John Hoover

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus

1/3/11, 10:52 AM   #4
Re: Tony Barhorst and your officiating crew!
wright59

Absolutely or I wouldn't have said anything. From 11:00 a.m. til finish both nights. And I truly enjoy Ft. Wayne and have raced there several times. But was a spectator this year and just wanted to see a good race. Jake Wright

1/3/11, 12:28 PM   #5
Tony Barhorst

This person is talking about the 600 races. I am going to hold off on comment until I have time to review the DVD.

In regard to me "taking over"...I have been in charge from the start in 1998 as the sole owner of the Rumble In Fort Wayne.
Do you realize that? No one else has EVER been a partner. I have also had to deal with dates during the holiday's I would rather not have since 1998..They are the only ones open...It is a cardinal sin to promote on a holiday..but I had to this year..no other choice.

Also..do you blame the officiating on NASCARS dwindling attendance too? Tell me why that has happened. I am in the midst of cleaning up the racetrack here.

Will talk in a private manner sometime. It would be nice if you could PM me instead of going public on a Monday morning. You could have discussed this with me, and then still have written this. Why don't you PM me with all the calls in question? I will review them.

Tony Barhorst
Last edited by Tony Barhorst; 1/3/11 at 12:41 PM.

1/3/11, 12:39 PM   #6
racefan20

Quote:
Originally Posted by wright59 View Post
Absolutely or I wouldn't have said anything. From 11:00 a.m. til finish both nights. And I truly enjoy Ft. Wayne and have raced there several times. But was a spectator this year and just wanted to see a good race. Jake Wright
Dont think it was your quote I attached there was it?

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus

1/3/11, 12:47 PM   #7
Tony Barhorst

Jake, I have just sent your thread here to my other officials..and they tell me what you say is NOT TRUE. We have the scoring sheets from Sandy Lowe on the # of spins...It seems like you feel your favorite driver was shafted. I imagine this thread is going to go on awhile. I have to get to work. Will return.
Last edited by Tony Barhorst; 1/3/11 at 2:23 PM.

1/3/11, 1:08 PM   #8
USAC Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Barhorst View Post
Will talk in a private manner sometime. It would be nice if you could PM me instead of going public on a Monday morning. You could have discussed this with me, and then still have written this. Why don't you PM me with all the calls in question? I will review them.
Kind of like how you dealt with USAC and drivers in a private manner all over the PA system and this message board after your Union County screw up?

1 member likes this post: Hubie
1/3/11, 1:18 PM   #9
wright59

I didn't have any favorites in the race. I didn't even know half of the guys in the field that were from out of state. That wasn't even close to the number of people that were just crashing themselves and going right back to where they came from. I could have cared less who won and think the best drivers this weekend did win. I could care less about NASCAR and their attendance, I just know how me and the whole grandstands felt about that particular race and people getting spots back. It ruined what may have been a great finish with people charging like Janish. I've never even heard of him before this weekend but I do think he and the fans got robbed. Even the announcer said that he was making the most spectacular passes of the weekend in all classes on the high side.

1/3/11, 1:42 PM   #10
BrentTFunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by USAC Fan View Post
Kind of like how you dealt with USAC and drivers in a private manner all over the PA system and this message board after your Union County screw up?
You might be the dumbest person on this board.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Tony Barhorst and your officiating crew!