IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Open Wheel Standout at Daytona!
2/16/12, 4:51 PM   #1
Open Wheel Standout at Daytona!
UpOnDaCushion

Chris Windom has been in the top 5 in practice all day at Daytona International Speedway. Running the Win-tron Racing ARCA car. Representing well for the Open Wheel boys! Keep it up "BEAR!"

2/16/12, 4:58 PM   #2
Re: Open Wheel Standout at Daytona!
tq11

when is this race gonna be on TV?

2/16/12, 5:26 PM   #3
davidm

Race Count This Year: 21
Race Count Last Year: 23

Live on SPEED at 4:30 PM ET Saturday the 18th.

2/16/12, 6:08 PM   #4
ISF

Way to go Chris!!

He was very impressive in his first ARCA race by running second at The Springfield Mile last August, so I guess maybe we shouldn't be too surprised he's taking to the taxi cabs as well as he is. Springfield is not the easiest place to run your first Cup style stock car race. Over the years I've seen many a dirt late model driver wad one up at Springfield & Du Quoin in their first try. Scott Bloomquist spun in front of most of the field in the first turn of the first lap in his one and only race in a Cup style car at Springfield, luckily no one hit him.

I'm kinda' surprised someone didn't recruit Kyle Larson to drive an ARCA car at Daytona since he's racing just down the road at New Smyrna.

It's neat that some of these kids are trying their hand racing these cars, it gives me some incentive to actually watch these stock car races they're in. Without them I'd pay no attention at all.

2/16/12, 6:32 PM   #5
Lincoln Chapple

We are also pulling for Alex Bowman and Drew Charlson. Their times are right there also. Any racing is good this time of year.

Posted via Mobile Device

2/16/12, 8:37 PM   #6
michiganmadman

I have met Drew Charleson and his dad, both stand up people. Good luck to all of the open wheel drivers down south!

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Open Wheel Standout at Daytona!