IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Smoke
2/12/17, 11:58 AM   #1
Smoke
MIracing

Smoke raced the first 2 nights with the All Stars at Bubba.

Night 2 he got into it with Chad Kemanah, the star and champion of the All Stars. Apparently, he wasn't happy with the way Chad raced him and found him to tell him about it after the race.

Day 3 he unloaded and drew a pill but scratched for the night. Speculation is that he was unhappy with track prep at Bubba. Although, his team said he sat out to re-evaluate running with the series that he owns.

I am a fan of Tony Stewart. I love everything he has given back to racing especially grassroots. Sometimes it is hard to justify/defend his actions though.

6 members like this post: Bostonian, rapid robert, team3521, trannyman, turn4, Wingman
2/12/17, 12:53 PM   #2
kendirt

I wouldn't race with a series I owned for several reasons.

Seems pretty self-explanatory to me.

Except he's a huge marketing draw. Him on the track puts people in stands and attracts interest his series normally wouldn't have.

They'll have to weigh it out and decide.

5 members like this post: interpreter66, mc/rider, nathans1012, sprinter14, tirespinner
2/12/17, 1:03 PM   #3
Re: Smoke
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

2 members like this post: lukesmith, PIT CART
2/12/17, 1:08 PM   #4
racer-x

Every dog has or had his day!

Can't wait to watch him at the Little 500.

2 members like this post: 7xCoop, PIT CART
2/12/17, 4:07 PM   #5
revjimk

He hasn't broken Top Ten yet: 17th & 21st
Don't know if this link will work, you might have to pay....
https://sprintcarunlimited.com/tony-...ight-feel-car/

2/12/17, 9:38 PM   #6
Will Shunk

A lot going on at Bubba
1. The track took 2 inches of rain on Tues./Wed. that cancelled practice night. The track crew did hours and hours of work to get it race ready and hours during the shows to re work the surface for good racing. 2. Bubba had 38 sign in Thursday & Friday and WoO drivers won all three features.
3. I fully expected Tony to have some kind of learning curve and maybe he expected more from his team and himself. Add in he is the "Go to guy" for the All Stars officials and it is very hard to concentrate solely on the race car. Frustration is what Tony wanted to eliminate in his racing life, so a step back now is appropriate.
4. Tony will be more than capable driving and winning with the All Stars once the series defines their officials roles as well as Tony's role if in the cockpit. It is hard to officiate the boss, but to be successful , that is exactly what Tony has to agree to if driving in the series.
5. Tony would be the last one to expect any ASCoC driver to cut him any slack because of who he is, but he has every right as a driver to confront another driver if he felt mistreated. It must be driver to driver and not series owner to driver. That must be clarified immediately if Tony continues to compete in ASCoC.
6. This is not a big deal and hopefully will be tweaked so that we get to see Tony run ASCoC in 2017.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIracing View Post
Smoke raced the first 2 nights with the All Stars at Bubba.

Night 2 he got into it with Chad Kemanah, the star and champion of the All Stars. Apparently, he wasn't happy with the way Chad raced him and found him to tell him about it after the race.

Day 3 he unloaded and drew a pill but scratched for the night. Speculation is that he was unhappy with track prep at Bubba. Although, his team said he sat out to re-evaluate running with the series that he owns.

I am a fan of Tony Stewart. I love everything he has given back to racing especially grassroots. Sometimes it is hard to justify/defend his actions though.

5 members like this post: EBookerFan, motorhead748, PJ Wright, team3521, TQ97
2/12/17, 10:08 PM   #7
artknepper

nobody knows what happened, except for those close. its commonplace for drivers to race visiting superstars differently, feeling they have to prove a point, of sorts. maybe this was the case here, maybe not. i dont know. dont think chad would do that, but obviously tony thought differntly. tony loves to race, and for him to up and quit like that, makes me wonder if he has some kind of lasting effects from the ward deal, or his broken leg crash of a couple years ago. whatever the deal, i hope tony gets over this hump...

3 members like this post: MIracing, nathans1012, Pat O'Connor Fan
2/13/17, 12:44 AM   #8
revjimk

I'd love to see him race, glad he "saved" Allstars, but don't see how he can avoid appearance of "conflict of interest" running in his own series, even if it isn't true.
Last time I saw him race he was leading at Oscaloosa, lapped car in front of him hit haybale, Tony hit him, broken leg. I bet that cost him mucho NASCAR $$$!

2/13/17, 9:19 AM   #9
bobby01

Tony's probably going to have unlearn those nasty Nascar driving habits and learn how to really race again.
I have faith he will figure out real quick.

2/13/17, 11:07 AM   #10
bullring

It seems to me Tony should have all the officials in place that he wouldn't need to be the go to guy at the race track. They run most nights without him there and don't need to go to him then.

2 members like this post: Jonr, PIT CART
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Smoke